Mono "Failed to run the package service"

Sonarr version: 20150731-8
Mono version: 4.2.1-0088)
Description of issue: I had Sonarr running fine until I stopped Mono (installed through the package centre on Synology, and having modified the start-stop script to the updated path (/var/packages/Mono/target/usr/bin). Now Mono will not restart, despite uninstalling and trying again. I have tried removing Sonarr, Mono (installed through the package centre) and the version of Mono that is installed when installing Sonarr too, but I cannot get Mono to start.

Any ideas?

Do you have logs of the error your getting?

I’m not sure how the mono pacakge works on Synology, but mono isn’t a service that runs on its own on other platforms, it runs Sonarr.

I couldn’t find them on my Synology NAS drive unfortunately, however I reset the NAS to default settings and reinstalled Sonarr and have managed to get it working again. I did have to tinker around with some permission issues though, but that’s because I install Sonarr (and NZBget and Couch Potato) under one user. Puzzled by the Mono issue though - it was running, but wouldn’t restart after I manually stopped the service! Bizarre.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.