Mono 6.8.0.123 broken need earlier

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.6.1342
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.8.0.123
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

You’ve provided - 0 information - how do you expect anyone to help?

Mono 6.8 is not broken

my crystal ball says mono’s certs are invalid and out of date and need to be updated.

Well, I’m not an Sys Admin, just someone who put together a FreeNAS box with some disks and now it’s TrueNAS.

This is what the Sonarr plugin says for error. If this is invalid certs, that’s way outta my depth

====
2022-02-17 15:35:20.8|Warn|SkyHookProxy|System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused): ‘https://skyhook.sonarr.tv/v1/tvdb/search/en/?term=peacermaker’ —> System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused) —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncResult.CheckIfThrowDelayedException () [0x0003b] in /wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/mono6.8/work/mono-6.8.0.123/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Sockets/SocketAsyncResult.cs:134
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0002c] in /wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/mono6.8/work/mono-6.8.0.123/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Sockets/Socket.cs:1214
at System.Net.WebConnection+<>c.b__16_1 (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in /wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/mono6.8/work/mono-6.8.0.123/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnection.cs:182
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (System.IAsyncResult iar, System.Func2[T,TResult] endFunction, System.Action1[T] endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task1[TResult] promise, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x00019] in /wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/mono6.8/work/mono-6.8.0.123/external/corert/src/System.Private.CoreLib/src/System/Threading/Tasks/FutureFactory.cs:538

FreeBSD/TrueNAS is an extremely niche OS that requires advanced knowledge to use and troubleshoot and all users are effectively on their own to support themselves as no one can be bothered to learn it.

You should switch to an OS you know and understand - not one you don’t.

Not a Sonarr issue - for whatever reason your jail is refusing to connect to skyhook.

Given I have 4 other plugin working just fine, and TrueNAS is running like a champ, and ONLY Sonarr is failing the basic sniff test…yeah, it’s a Sonarr issue.

Also, no one appreciates condescension.

It’s not a Sonarr issue - given it’s only impacting you and not the hundreds of thousands of other Sonarr users. For whatever reason on your end - perhaps your ISP? - your jail cannot reach Skyhook.

Its’ not condescending - it’s a fact. TrueNAS is a very niche OS and you’re on your own + the TrueNAS community for support. It’s also a fact that users have a much better experience using OSes they know and understand. Syncing mono’s certs is basic *Nix and BSD OS maintenance and nothing SysAdmin at all. If you don’t want to deal with Mono then use windows.

It’s affecting quite a few people…do a google search for sonnar mono 6.8.0.123 and have fun.

I don’t think you read any of the results for your search you say - basically every single one of those issues is users failing to sync mono’s certs

This is NOT a Sonarr issue in anyway shape or form. The issue has nothing at all to do with Sonarr.

The issues are mono’s certs needing sync or various other issues specific to the user’s environment: host, dns, vpn, isp, etc.

I am deleting Sonarr as it’s the one and only plugin that keeps failing and your condescending attitude isn’t helping. Btw, the virtue of condescension is that the one doing it always denies it. It’s in the effect.

Anyway, there are better and more reliable TV management plugins for TrueNAS, so I will move off of this one.

And TrueNAS is written on top of FreeBSD, a very easy UNIX O/S that is fairly easy to learn. Just because I’m not a sys admin doesn’t mean I cannot handle this O/S. In fact, my server is running fine and like I said, all other plugins are working perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.