Manual search with search string

Hey guys,

Im having a lot of trouble with sonarr failing to find some anime. I know that my torrent providers contain them (i can manually search on the provider and find them), but when i click the episode on sonarr and click “manual search”, i get either nothing, or just junk that vaguely matches the anime name. Note. the junk search results are from a provider that actually has the episode (nyaa). Its possible that the torrents naming conventions arnt ideal (eg: “[Something.com] Cool Anime Season 2 Episode 5 [720p] [Subbed].mkv”)

So, im wondering, is there any way we can make it so that we can spoon feed the torrent to sonarr? like a “super manual search” where you actually specify the search terms and it shows you results that you can pick from? Or even, if you can spoon feed the torrent link to sonarr? (personally would prefer both)

What do you think?

This is something we’re considering, but not something we’ve committed to yet.

@markus101: i hope you guys do consider it strongly :smiley:

Specially since Kickass is out of the picture, there is a lack of good public torrent providers, meaning there is a higher chance of media like anime being strangely named (was lot better when Kickass was around) and hard to find. Having the ability to search for them manually atleast helps a little bit.

I have this issue on several media that i dont really know what to do besides committing to Usenet. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.