Make the 'Internal' tag work as 'Proper' does now

Hi guys,

If a scene release is wrong, it is deleted, and a proper is uploaded. This use case works beautifully with sonarr.

However, if you are looking for a higher quality releases, they don’t quite work the same.
For example. Top Gear has the usual shitty 720p release first
After that comes a 1080p
Sometimes the 1080p is shitty, it is deleted, but no proper is released, just another 1080p is uploaded instead.
In some cases (the last 3 times it happened with different series), they were all tagged as INTERNAL.

So, can you make a switch/toggle/button, wich would treat the internal tag the same as proper? So if I have a profile set to HDTV-1080p. RSS Sync gets the first release, it downloads it. Some time later the torrent is deleted, and a new 1080p is uploaded, to the same qulity profile. If it is tagged INTERNAL, it should be treated as a proper, so it would be downloaded, and overwritten by sonarr, same as a proper works now.

I think this could be easily adopted (ofc I can’t see under the hood)

If you would like to expand on this, I have 2 more ideas.
Radarr just came out with the preferred tags feature. If a release containts the given tag, it downloads it, if it’s in the given quality profiles.

The other idea, which is a bit of a pipe dream, but make release groups work as the quality profiles do now.
So right now there is 1 profile, which is WEBDL-1080p, but in this group, there can be a lot of differences, right now RSS sync gets the first, and cut off met, and that’s the end of it. If a few minutes later there is another release with twice the size, it is ignored. But if I could make a preferred tag with the better group name, or order the groups as i can quality levels, it would be best.

Another workaround would be, if i could customize the quality profiles. WEBDL-1080p 1 and WEBDL-1080p 2, and for example i could set different size requirements for both of them, and if a show has a high quality release, i could put both of them in.

Soooo, in conclusion. 1080p or 720p and source is not really enough to set a proper quality target, there is room for improvement, but i know these are very hard to implement.

A great first step would be to make a toggle, which would treat internal tag the same as the proper

thanks for reading :slight_smile:

Preferred words is likely how this will be addressed in Sonarr, though we’re still considering how that will handle upgrades.

I don’t see there being an option to handle internals as propers, it seems like an hacky interim solution.[quote=“LSL1337, post:1, topic:14021”]
Another workaround would be, if i could customize the quality profiles. WEBDL-1080p 1 and WEBDL-1080p 2, and for example i could set different size requirements for both of them, and if a show has a high quality release, i could put both of them in.
[/quote]

This seems overly complex and likely to confuse the majority that likely won’t use it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.