Make english releases avaiable for foreign quality profiles, but don't mark them as "finished"

Heyho I am from Germany and finally got sonarr (and radarr) configured to work with German AND English releases.

Now myproblem is: Releases are out way earlier in english until they get localized into a foreign language, but I still don’t want to miss out on them. Is there a way to make sonarr force like a “fake low quality” onto English only releases and it will update them, once the German release is out? Like it’s possible with qualities. E.g. when there is a web-rip of something it is downloaded, but not marked as “finished” until the Blu-ray version is downloaded. Is it possible to do something similar to foreign releases ?

I actually got a solution for my problem:
My current solution is a second instance of sonarr, just for English releases. Configured the renamer so it writes “-480p” at the end of the filename, no matter how good the quality really is. The first instance of radar (that only does German releases) picks that up once it scans the disk (since they share the same folder), but at a lower quality than it really is. The foreign version/first instance of sonarr replaces this “low quality” version then with a proper German release once it’s out. But I feel that solution is so dirty.
Fixing errors and problems gets way more complicated etc… Also I have to add everything I want in both instances of sonarr and can’t use external stuff (like ombi) really, because its only meant to speak with the API of one instance
My current solution works as I described above, but its a bitch to maintain. Takes alot away from the whole, awesome automation feeling.

I think it could be a simple solution(not too hard to implement):
Adding a check that the cutoff requirement is only met if release containes “German” AND is the wanted quality, instead of just the quality. That could be a tickbox, that’s visible once any other language than english is selected. Only if the episode is found and downloaded in the wanted language it’s marked as finished, but it does not ignore english releases.

Other idea I got(think that would not be possible to implement without a lot of work):
Qualities for foreign releases instead of only having the option in qualities for e.g. “Blueray-1080p” you could also add the quality “German.Blueray-1080p” and dragging it above the other quality.

Also in both solutions the renamer could just add the word “-german” to the filenames, if you ever have to setup your programs another time, to not get confused. That would just be a nice extra thinking about long-term reliability.

Thanks for your response already,
Stefan

I think Language Profiles is what you’re looking for, they’re not available now, but will be in v3.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.