Login Loops at Login Screen

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5054
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.4.1.6
((Debug logs)): Logs show nothing.
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

So when I try and login, all it does is return me to the login page. It happens with Radarr, and Lidarr. I think I’m running an unsupported version of Mono, or something is royally screwed up that’s affecting all 3 services. Anyone else having issues? My logs look completely fine, I’ve had 2 different people look at them, and they see nothing that stands out as obviously wrong.

Is there a way I can downgrade Mono to test? I’d rather not nuke my settings at all… I also get this weird URL; http://192.168.1.112:8989/login?returnUrl=/

Update:

I’ve disabled the Forms login, and I can access Sonarr again. However this isn’t an option because I remotely access Sonarr when I’m at work, on the road, or flat out being away from home.

Edit: It seems the Forms Authentication is broken. I disabled it, restarted Sonarr. Reinstated the authentication, and the same thing happens. For now, I’ll enable my VPN requirements, but I’m not happy with this so far :frowning:

Can you try in incognito / private mode with extensions disabled to rule that out? Or another browser?

Sounds like your username or password are not what you think they are. The login page will not display a message if the login fails, but this is the behaviour you’ll see. Disabling forms auth then re-enabling and resetting the password is the correct way to resolve it.

I’ll try this when I get home. I didn’t think about this at all.

Uhh… No, it’s exactly what it has been for the last 3 months. I didn’t have issues until about a week ago, and nothings changed but updates for my OS.

I did exactly as you said, before you posted it. I changed it to something simple like, 12345678910, and still did the same thing. I used a more complex password, such as 1a2b3c4d5e6f, and the same thing. But I will give it another shot tonight.

Sonarr wasn’t recently updated either (unless you recently updated) and even then probably 100s of people with that version using forms auth.

Every time this has happened something (browser extension, browser autofill, etc) has filled in the username/password and when the settings were saved the value was updated, then when Sonarr is rebooted, days, weeks, months later it causes issues (since the username/password only take effect on restart).

I’ll double check it, I do use LastPass / Google AutoFill. However, the link is what bugs me because I’ve never seen that link at all. I did a Mono update a week or two back. When I get home, I’ll mess with it more. It’s been running this way for months, I migrated the host to a VM, and it runs solid. Just trying to debug it as best as I can.

The URL with ?returnUrl=/? That’s always been there, it just tells the backend where to redirect you after logging in, if you tried to navigate to /calendar and needed to login the return URL would show ?returnUrl=/calendar.

Hey @Thirrian,

I disabled it, restarted, set my Username/Password, saved, and restarted. It seems to want to function now that I changed the password to something stupidly easy to break. I’ll keep playing around with it.

I just find it incredibly odd and weird that after 4+ months of solid use, no issues, at all. That it randomly breaks because I use a password manager. Furthermore, I don’t even use LastPass to store the credentials, it’s Google Chrome that stores it.

So again, super odd…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.