Linking an existing file into the series listing

2.0.0.4472 - Jan 1 2017 Installed on Synology DSM 6

I would like a way to manually link certain files to the listings in Sonarr. For example, i recently ripped the movies for the TV show Ranma ½ and in Sonarr these are “s00e01” and “s00e02” But I do not want to rename the movie files as if they are episodes of a series, not to mention this renaming will screw up their movie metadata in other software, so I’d like to be able to simply tell sonar “This file, regardless of its name, is this listing.”

I’ve look all over the series settings for something like this but cannot find a way to do what I want.

Manual import with them in the series folder already will allow you to import them without renaming them. If they are outside of the series folder symlinkedthe or hard linking them to the proper name in the series folder would let Sonarr see them (and even rename them) without using additional disk space.

OK, I must be dumb. Where is the manual import?

Wanted: Missing (not very obvious).

OK, that is interesting, but doesn’t do what I want at all.

I want to, for example tell sonarr that the file “flugbottle.mkv” in “Series Name/Movie” should be treated as “Series Name S00E14 - The Battle for Flug Bottles” WITHOUT having to rename the file or having to move it into “Series Name/Specials”.

It looks like the only way to do that is to hard link the file from where I want it to where Sonarr insists it has to be, which also means not being able to do it through the webUI, but having to ssh in.

There’s no reason that sonarr has to enforce a directory structure. It shouldn’t care at all where the pointers in the database lead.

Manual Import can copy/hardlink (depending on your settings and whether the hardlink succeeds).

Manual import doesn’t let you import an arbitrary file. It will search for something that matches the general pattern.

For a recent example, The Dr Who Christmas special is S10E00 and without renaming it is is impossible to get Sonarr to even see that file, so it cannot be linked to S00E149.

That’s the whole point of Manual Import, if Sonarr can’t automatically map it or it’s wrong you can change it. If it’s not working ((debug logs)) showing the manual import process would be required to troubleshoot it further.

OK, you are seeing radically different behavior from manual import than I am. If Sonarr doesn’t match something, it shows 0 files for me. There is no way to change anything short of going in via the CLI and fiddling file names (or making links) which is what I am trying to avoid.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.