Language Profile issue

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.0.232
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): -
Debug logs:
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here. Post in .txt not .doc, .rtf or some other formatted document)
Description of issue:

Hi,
Basically what I would like sonarr to do: when an English episode is already downloaded & a German version becomes available, replace English with German.
Problem: Downloaded English webdl720p is prioritized over available German hdtv720p and won’t be replaced
Is there any way to set sonarr to prioritize Language over Quality?

profile settings:

profiles

langprofile

Thanks for your help

No, quality trumps all. We do not have plans to allow language to override quality at this time.

@markus101
If quality trumps all, what is the point of the language cutoff? If i set cutoff for language to French and i get a episode in 720p french, will it get overwritten by a 1080p English version if my quality cutoff is 1080p? I was very excited to hear about language support but fail to see how it will be useful if quality will always have the last word.

Depends on the language/quality cutoffs. If your quality cutoff is 1080p Sonarr will try to get the 1080p release, if the quality cutoff is 720p it wouldn’t upgrade the quality.

If you upgraded to the English 1080p release it’d still be watching for a French 1080p release to come by and would upgrade to that.

Also with quality grouping you could treat all 720p qualities as equal and Sonarr will grab an upgraded language in any of those qualities as they are all equal.

Ah I get it now, thanks for the more detailed explanation. Anther question, is it possible to have the same show in both languages? Sometimes I have shows I watch in English but my wife would prefer having the French version. I know I could look for multi audio but it is not the case with every show. Also I keep my French shows in a separate folder from English. So they would also be stored elsewhere

It’s not possible with Sonarr alone, possibly it could be down with some scripts, but not exactly sure how it’d be best to try and achieve that.

Gotcha, I would need to get a second instance to hold those shows i guess. A bit like how i work now for my french content. I use Sonarr v2 for Anime + English shows and Medusa for french content.

In my oppinion, I would also preffer to priorize Language instead of the quality, probably like most people who use the Language Profiles.

If I preffer German more than english, and 1080P more than 720P, I better have a 720P german file, instead of a 1080p english one.
Most of the time, both languages exist in the same quality, but It’s more annoying if I watch a TV show, that some episodes in the middle are in english, instead of a bit lesser quality.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.