Kill Sonarr task when the exit icon is clicked

When I click the exit icon, Sonarr is bumped up to 125% CPU and doesn’t stop until a force kill. Surely there’s a way to fix this? (OS X)

Going to need logs and the typical support information to troubleshoot…

Sorry I didn’t give more info. I’m not sure which logs would help. There are no errors, nothing looks wrong.
This has been happening since I installed, a few MacOS versions ago. This one is 10.13.5. I have installed the latest Sonar last week. Sonarr stays like this until it’s killed.

Unclutter

When you open a help and support thread it’ll ask for specific information, but if you open a feature request thread asking for help it won’t.

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here. Post in .txt not .doc, .rtf or some other formatted document)
Description of issue:

In this case we’re going to need trace logs, post them somewhere and link them here.

Sonarr Version 2.0.0.5227
Mono Version 5.2.0.224
MacOS 10.13.5 (but this problem has always been here over a year)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bD7vRlaolPuPBFl6hddMpqtoi8sMikVk/view?usp=sharing

What I just noticed is that on subsequent shutdown and launch, which I had to do to get it in the logs, sonarr does shutdown.

You’re going to need to enable trace logging and grab the trace log file, that will show more details in the logs.

I’m sorry, I did enable it. But in order to show the problem, I have to ask the server to stop, then retsart it and stop again. Maybe it reverts to regular after. Will do this tomorrow, thanks for your patience.

I must have forgotten to save the setting. Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-wm6SXOXEYLRFQN3jXOhGuT5TKegEnyg/view?usp=sharing

18-7-8 19:49:09.3|Trace|Http|Req: 83 [POST] /api/system/shutdown
18-7-8 19:49:09.3|Trace|MediaInfo|Read file offset 182711164-183959552 (1248388 bytes)
18-7-8 19:49:09.3|Info|LifecycleService|Shutdown requested.
18-7-8 19:49:09.3|Trace|EventAggregator|Publishing ApplicationShutdownRequested
18-7-8 19:49:09.3|Trace|EventAggregator|ApplicationShutdownRequested -> NzbDroneServiceFactory
18-7-8 19:49:49.1|Debug|ProcessProvider|Found 0 processes with the name: NzbDrone.Console
18-7-8 19:49:49.2|Debug|ProcessProvider|Found 0 processes with the name: NzbDrone
18-7-8 19:49:49.2|Info|Router|Application mode: Interactive
18-7-8 19:49:49.2|Debug|Router|Tray selected

Based on the logs, Sonarr shuts down and is immediately restarted again. Checking the PID after shutting down should confirm that it’s getting a new PID.

How is Sonarr being started when the computer starts?

Once upon a time a plist was the way to do it, which might be respawning it on death.

Interesting. I do not want sonarr to run on startup. It is only started manually by running the app. But I note that mono is running all the time.

Here’s a script called sonarr inside the NzbDrone directory along with the sonarr.app

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ItoDboP6YHQwDWU9sR6Oxr3IQBKMRKMQ/view?usp=sharing

Yeah, that ships with the package, but doesn’t restart it on stop.

Mono will only run when Sonarr/Radarr/Jackett or another app running under mono is running.

Hmmmm, here mono-sgen64 is started on startup. I don’t see it in the user section of System preferences. But is the fact that it is running related? Or is that just a helper? 'Fraid I don’t know anything about any of this.

On startup is Sonarr actually running? Could also be something else running under mono.

It’s possible there is a plist starting it.

I’ll try to look around for that plist. Actually, the only tiny issue is I have to killl sonarr after using it, but other wise, I love and have donated. Excellent bit of work! If I do,'t kill it, it uses 125% CPU. If I do,'t ask it to stop on the local server, it uses little CPU, but I need it off to stop the VPN. It’s not a big problem, just that I don’t see why this is happening.