Keep getting missing root folder message etc

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4753
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):https://www.dropbox.com/s/qual12y7pj8ysgi/sonarr.debug.txt?dl=0
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue: When I restart my computer, even though I installed Sonarr as a service, I have to manually start it. Web page keeps reporting: Missing root folder: \Wilostation\tv2
and the Disk Space section just keeps looking, lookingā€¦
I have managed to get things working by re-booting/restarting Sonarr etc, but this quite annoying. Log seems to say ā€˜Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: C:\Downloads\Completeā€™ but the path is there. I also seem to be having issues with Sonarr not moving downloaded files to the network location \wilostation\tv2
I have set up SABnzbd to download to C:\Downloads\Complete , and have set the category ā€˜tvā€™ to C:\Downloads\Complete\tv
Any ideas as what Iā€™m doing wrong? I had things working perfectly on my old computerā€¦

Have you read the ((FAQ)) entry on network drives? https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#why-cant-sonarr-see-my-files-on-a-remote-server

If it works after a restart of Sonarr it sounds like the network share isnā€™t available when Sonarr starts and starting via the startup folder or delaying the service start might be best.

Yeah, I have used UNC paths,and I had tried delayed start of service. Still no good. I have now tried placing a shortcut to nzbrone.exe in the startup folder, which at least allows Sonarr to start properly. Still problems seeing the network location where I keep all my TV show. THEN I noticed excessive blinking on my Synology NAS HDD lights. On the rare occasion when they werenā€™t blinking, things seemed to return to normal. Some research showed that since the latest ā€˜updateā€™, Synology seems to have taken a leaf from Microsoftā€™s book and included an unwanted, un-asked-for ā€œfeatureā€ called 'Automatic search". Lots of complaints about how it ties up resources (in my case, to the point of rendering the NAS invisible to Sonarr and making File Explorer resemble Windows 3.1 on a 286). Synology, as usual, are deaf to user concerns and say it canā€™t be uninstalled - i.e. you have to have it. Further Google-Fu found ways of stopping and removing it via SSH. Things instantly returned to normal. I must say I have found Synology to be most unhelpful when it comes to customer ā€˜serviceā€™ and support. Thought Iā€™d share this info in case anyone else has similar problemsā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.