Issues with TV show details and episode list

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5062

Hi there. So I am noticing that a lot of the TV episode lists and show details are coming up from Trakt or TVDB wrong compared to IMDB. This causes Sonarr to not download the new episode because it thinks the episode list is different then what it actually is. Is there a way to say change the priority of where it retrieves this information or a way to disable Trakt and TVDB over IMDB? I have noticed this issue on several occasions and even though it is not Sonarr’s issue, I think there should be a way to have better control how and where it gets these details from when there are issues likes this.

Sonarr only uses TVDB, it will never use IMDB as there is not an API that Sonarr could use to retrieve that information.

Thexem.de is used to map differences between releases and TheTVDB, but if the issue is just TheTVDB missing information, that can be added (it;s user contributed).

Ahhh got it. Thanks.

I have noticed this with series The Long Road Home.

IMDB has it right http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210820/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

TVDB has it wrong https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=332420&seasonid=722410&lid=7

So yesterday Sonarr was picking up episode 4 and renaming it to what episode 5’s title because the TVDB has the episodes listed wrong.

this is so stupid i cant manually configure it.

I had episode 1-4.
ep 5 is out, but sonarr can’t pick it up, cos EP5 is now mapped to episode 4., and i already have it.
even when i search for episode 5 manually, it shows episode 5, i can manually send it to the download client, but I can’t import it.
ok, manual import than. i manually import it, set the episode to episode 5, and what does sonarr do?
deletes episode 4, cos the title s01e05 must be episode 4, cos the shitty XEM site has it mapped like that. can’t I even override that with manual import even?
ofc plex is not retarded like that, and it knows it is episode 5.
now i’m missing ep4.
if i were to download it and import it, it would just delete ep3…
so FUSTRATING

Was episode 4 mapped to episode 5 already?

Manual import does override it, the XEM data is only used to display the information initially, which you can change and select which files to import.

Sonarr won’t delete an unrelated episode to import another, it’ll only delete a file linked to a episode it’s importing a new file for. ((Debug logs)) would be useful to see exactly what Sonarr was doing, without them we can only guess at what the issue may be.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.