Issue with naming episodes using {tvdb-{tvdbid}} tag

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.10.1567
Package Version 3.0.10.1567-1 by sonarr
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.12.0
Debug logs: n/a?
Description of issue:
I have a specific naming convention I like to use, to ensure that my files and folders can always be properly recognized by plex, and by me when i look at them in the file system.

For series folders, I use:
{Series TitleTheYear} {tvdb-{tvdbid}}
which Sonarr gives an example of:
Example: Series Title!, The (2010) {tvdb-12345}

For season folders, I use:
{Series TitleTheYear} Season {season} {tvdb-{tvdbid}}
Example: Series Title!, The (2010) Season 1 {tvdb-12345}

For specials folders, I use:
{Series TitleTheYear} Specials {tvdb-{tvdbid}}
Example: Series Title!, The (2010) Specials {tvdb-12345}

So far, so good. everything working properly. However, when I try to use the tag
{tvdb-{tvdbid}}
for any version of the episode naming (standard, daily, or anime) it blanks out that part, leaving nothing for the tvdb part of the filename. This occurs upon adding the second }.

Ideally, I would like my standard episode naming scheme to be:
{Series TitleTheYear} - S{season:00}E{episode:00} - {Episode Title} {Quality Full} {tvdb-{tvdbid}}
Which should give examples of:
Single Episode: Series Title!, The (2010) - S01E01 - Episode Title (1) HDTV-720p Proper {tvdb-12345}
Multi Episode: Series Title!, The (2010) - S01E01-E02-E03 - Episode Title HDTV-720p Proper {tvdb-12345}

But it doesn’t. It instead returns:
Single Episode: Series Title!, The (2010) - S01E01 - Episode Title (1) HDTV-720p Proper
Multi Episode: Series Title!, The (2010) - S01E01-E02-E03 - Episode Title HDTV-720p Proper

The same thing happens with anime and daily show episodes.

If I add some characters, between the two }}, I can force it to come back, but then it has that character in there as well. Space is not one of those characters. eg {tvdb-{tvdbid}"} returns {tvdb-12345"}

I have tried everything I can think of. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

{ and } tell Sonarr that something it needs to replace is there, if you want to have them as part of the naming you need to use two of them in a row. {tvdb-{tvdbid}} should be {{tvdb-{tvdbid}}}.

Awesome! That worked!

Now I am just wondering why I dont need that for the series, season, and special folders… but not wondering enough to devote more time to the issue, lol.

Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.