Is there a specific forum for Sonarr on Synology?

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a subforum for Sonarry running on Synology? There are some questions I have and the typical PC version answers don’t apply.

Thanks,

Gavin

If you’re running the synocommunity package, I’d check out whatever support channels they have.

depending on what synology model you have you may want to consider moving to docker.

you can also ask the questions you have here, theres people that use sonarr on a synology, either directly or via docker that may be able to answer them. ie this is not a windows specific forum, its sonarr specific.

Thanks Thirrian…

Based on the fact that you folks have recommended Docker and the fact that the native Sonarr doesn’t do post-processinng RAR extraction… in fact I bought a new Synology which now has docker Support!

Next Question to everyone out there… is there a FAQ setup on how to get Sonarr (plus postprocessing UnRAR) working on Synology Docker?

If not, I’ll try to muddle through and answer another Newbie when they see it.

Generic docker setup info: https://wiki.servarr.com/Docker_Guide

It’s a kind of huge article, the most important thing (imo) is to stay away from retarded mount points as advised by linuxserver.io and instead do the whole /data thing mentioned in the wiki.

Docker on Synology is a package to install, and from there you get a gui to do all the things explained in the wiki. If you want you can do it all by ssh’ing into the synology as well.

Unpackerr for Unpacking Don’t bother with Unrar or any custom tomfoolery

can make life even easier; trash has premade syno composes
https://trash-guides.info/Hardlinks/Hardlinks-and-Instant-Moves/

hi All,
I’m making great progress since I upgraded Synology to one that has Docker… yes I made almost every mistake w/r/t folders, and users, and user permissions on folders etc.

However I’m now stuck at the final fence, which is making sure Sonarr can tell my synoloogy when it has imported a file. The synology index doesn’t see it. I tried configuring it in Sonar, but got this error
There was an error loading this item

There was an error loading this item.

in T in r in div in div in div in div in ForwardRef in ForwardRef in r in B4 in r in T in div in pJ in fieldset in r in r in r in T in div in div in div in t in r in r in div in DocumentTitle in SideEffect(DocumentTitle) in r in hI in g5 in t in t in r in k9 in div in div in r in r in T in withRouter(Connect®) in t in n in i in T in c in
Hide Advanced

Connections

i think the synology indexer connector only works if youre using the sonarr syno package.

the downside of using docker is that you are no longer in DSM so you cant just call any of the executables, like synoindex (which the connector probably runs), and have them to work (they only work in DSM, not in your containers OS).

i did find this https://github.com/racklin/simple-synoindex-server but have no idea if it will work for you or not.

I went to docker because the SABNZBD from synology community didn’t do unrar post processing… but the docker one does… OTOH the SONARR in docker doesn’t do synoindex but the community one does… (I think)… maybe i need to mix and match, but question will be how to sort that out.

Am making some progress… had a lot of issues with importing and went down all sorts of dead alleys on paths etc… in the end the issue was that SABNZBD was unraring the programmes, and then putting their original permissions on it. When I put the switfch to do 777 afterwards it now imports fine.

HOWEVER… although the debug log explicitly shows that it’s sending a command to synoindex, synoindex isn’t updating to show it in the UPNP media player.

Anyone got an idea on this?

21-5-30 14:09:23.3|Debug|VideoFileInfoReader|Getting media info from /volume1/downloads/Seinfeld.S03E02.720p.HDTV.x264-REGRET/seinfeld.s03e02.720p.hdtv.x264-regret.mkv
21-5-30 14:09:23.4|Debug|DetectSample|Runtime is over 90 seconds
21-5-30 14:09:23.4|Debug|ImportDecisionMaker|File accepted
21-5-30 14:09:23.4|Debug|EpisodeFileMovingService|Moving episode file: /volume1/downloads/Seinfeld.S03E02.720p.HDTV.x264-REGRET/seinfeld.s03e02.720p.hdtv.x264-regret.mkv to /volume1/video/0_New/Seinfeld/Seinfeld S03E02 - The Truth HDTV-720p.mkv
21-5-30 14:09:23.4|Debug|DiskTransferService|Move [/volume1/downloads/Seinfeld.S03E02.720p.HDTV.x264-REGRET/seinfeld.s03e02.720p.hdtv.x264-regret.mkv] > [/volume1/video/0_New/Seinfeld/Seinfeld S03E02 - The Truth HDTV-720p.mkv]
21-5-30 14:09:23.4|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/command: 200.OK (1 ms)
21-5-30 14:09:23.5|Debug|EpisodeService|Linking [Seinfeld S03E02 - The Truth HDTV-720p.mkv] > [[458]The Truth]
21-5-30 14:09:23.6|Debug|NotificationService|No tags set for this notification.
21-5-30 14:09:23.6|Debug|synoindex|Starting /usr/syno/bin/synoindex -a “/volume1/video/0_New/Seinfeld/Seinfeld S03E02 - The Truth HDTV-720p.mkv”
21-5-30 14:09:23.8|Debug|DiskScanService|Scanning ‘/volume1/downloads/Seinfeld.S03E02.720p.HDTV.x264-REGRET’ for video files
21-5-30 14:09:23.8|Debug|DiskScanService|0 video files were found in /volume1/downloads/Seinfeld.S03E02.720p.HDTV.x264-REGRET
21-5-30 14:09:23.8|Debug|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Deleting folder after importing valid files
21-5-30 14:09:23.8|Debug|CompletedDownloadService|All episodes were imported for Seinfeld.S03E02.720p.HDTV.x264-REGRET
21-5-30 14:09:23.8|Debug|DownloadEventHub|[Seinfeld.S03E02.720p.HDTV.x264-REGRET] Marking download as imported from sabnzbd
21-5-30 14:09:23.8|Debug|DownloadEventHub|SABnzbd does not support marking items as imported
21-5-30 14:09:24.2|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/health: 200.OK (0 ms)
21-5-30 14:09:24.2|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/command: 200.OK (0 ms)
21-5-30 14:09:24.2|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/queue/details?seriesId=5: 200.OK (2 ms)

There is a WIKI: https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/wiki/Radarr-Sonarr-Lidarr-Jackett

So what is your setup now? Where does everything run? On the synology (official or synocommunity packages) or in docker?

If you have sonarr in docker, this obviously won’t work because those paths are not available inside the docker container:

Not sure if there are people who use synoindex in combination with sonarr in docker, but my first idea would be to map the folders in the command above to volumes in the container with exactly the same name.

If you run sonarr as a native package (synocommunity), forget all of the above.
Crank logging up to trace and hopefully a reply with an error that will show what’s wrong is coming from the synoindex command.
As an alternative or if synoindex doesn’t reply to sonarr and you see nothing in trace logs:
I may be wrong, but I vaguely remember synoindex creating its own logs? Try to locate those and see if it reports any issues why the file is not indexed.

Second issue seems to be permissions? (Post before last one with the 777 bandaid) It’s clear that not everything runs as a user in the same group, or for simplicity just run everything as the same user. The last option is less secure but imo for a home system doesn’t matter as long as you don’t pick root or a typical overprivileged “administrator” user you make in the synology gui.
Or, if that’s working now, just don’t touch it anymore :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.