Is it possible to tell Sonarr to stop upgrading episodes of a season or series?

I recently upgraded to v3 and I’ve tried out the preferred keywords which work, sort of. Sometimes Sonarr will grab a WEBDL that is acceptable quality to me and I dont need it to go looking for anything better unless there’s a bluray release. But then it will see another WEBDL a day later that contains one of my preferred keywords, AMZN. Sonarr will then try to redownload the episode. Luckily I keep SABnzbd on pause so I can review what Sonarr is sending over. I have capped bandwidth, otherwise I wouldnt really care that much. So then I see, oh, Sonarr has found an AMZN version that is the same file size as the one I already have, so I’ll just delete this from my queue. Other times I like that Sonarr has found an AMZN version because its a larger file and in that case I’ll let it download.

Is there a way for me to do this a little more efficiently?

And then there’s the issue of sometimes I stumble across an x265 download and I decide to grab the whole season of x265’s. I think soon I will get more x265’s but for now its just kind of random. So I grab the whole season of x265 videos. Then I’d like to tell Sonarr not to upgrade anymore unless I have bluray in the profile and it finds bluray sometime in the future. This is because Sonarr, probably the next day, will try to replace the files I just got with a WEBDL x264 AMZN. I wish each season had a button or checkbox that would let me tell Sonarr to stop upgrading.

Maybe there’s a more efficient way of doing this?

tl;dr summary:

1. How do I tell Sonarr, “Hey I already found a sub Bluray quality release on my own that I like, dont replace it until you find a bluray release.”

2. How do I prevent Sonarr from replacing something with a preferred keyword release just because it finds that keyword on a file a day later that is similar size? I increased Minimum Age to 300 under Settings->Indexers in hopes that this would cut down on multi-downloads of the same episode.

Monitor/unmonitor flag at show, season or episode level, that has been in sonarr forever.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.