Is it possible to blacklist an episode without downloading it?

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4472
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.6.2 (Stable 4.6.2.16/ac9e222 Tue Jan 3 11:48:26 UTC 2017)
Description of issue: (No logs as this is not a bug, rather, a request if this functionality even exists)

What often happens is that a bunch of files get released prior to an episodes air date which are incorrectly labelled. I understand Sonarr still downloads these early releases because often there are early releases that are valid. However, it happens quite often that they are incorrect. Is there any way to blacklist an episode without downloading it first? For example, if I do a “manual episode search” for a given episode, can I simply blacklist all the releases currently showing because I know they are all incorrectly labelled earlier episodes, or do I have to let Sonarr download each and every one then remove and blacklist them afterwards?

Downloading all the known-incorrect episodes is a needless waste of bandwidth.

I’m sure there must be a way to blacklist episodes without downloading them first, I’m just not seeing where it is.

One way to do this is to go into Settings -> Indexers, turn on advanced settings, then look at the Restrictions box. If you add words to the “must not contain” section, sonarr will ignore any release with those words in the title. You could add the names of the scene groups that are mislabelling their episodes so they don’t get downloaded.

That’s not what I’m looking for.

It’s a problem that’s come up for me a lot of times when current episodes are released labeled as later episodes - it’s not unique to a group or anything that could be added to a “must not contain” label.

These episodes get downloaded, but are of course wrong, so I delete and blacklist, but then there are 8 other versions of the same episode with the incorrect naming also released by other groups/in other resolutions/etc, so I basically have to either turn off monitoring entirely for that episode (current approach) until after the actual air date to manually find a new, properly labelled release, or have Sonarr download each successive (obviously mislabelled) release, one after another.

If I could just do a “manual search” for an episode, then blacklist options within that list, then I could avoid the hassle entirely without giving up downloading good early releases.

(I’d prefer a “replace with episodes released after the air date” or some such toggle, but that appears off the table).

The group that is mislabelling episodes is usually consistent for each series. For example, right now on my main tracker there’s one group that’s labelling The Simpsons one week early. So I’ve added a tag to The Simpsons in the series view, then added the groups name to “must not contain” for that tag so sonarr ignores The Simpsons releases from that group.

I’d be surprised if this wasn’t the case for you. It wouldn’t make much sense for a group to flip back and forth between episode numbering schemes in the same series.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.