Invalid request Validation failed: -- Unable to connect to Plex Server

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.6.2
Debug logs:
Description of issue Invalid request Validation failed:
– Unable to connect to Plex Server

For quite some time, my sonarr has lost the ability to connect to my plex media server and i cannot figure out why.

It’s been a long time since it stopped working, i assumed it was probably due to an update by plex and it would sort itself out later but it has not and it’s anoying me now so i’d like to fix it.

I have tried using my plex username and password and entering the plex token in the username field. Not sure what else to do?

from the log

Unable to connect to Plex Server: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JsonLoadSettings settings) [0x00026] in :0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse (System.String json, Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JsonLoadSettings settings) [0x0000c] in :0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse (System.String json) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerProxy.Authenticate (NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerSettings settings) [0x00044] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\Plex\PlexServerProxy.cs:175
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerProxy+<>c__DisplayClass14_0.b__0 () [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\Plex\PlexServerProxy.cs:224
at NzbDrone.Common.Cache.Cached1[T].Get (System.String key, System.Func1[TResult] function, System.Nullable`1[T] lifeTime) [0x0006a] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Cache\Cached.cs:81
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerProxy.GetAuthenticationToken (NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerSettings settings) [0x00014] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\Plex\PlexServerProxy.cs:224
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerProxy.GetPlexServerRequest (System.String resource, RestSharp.Method method, NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerSettings settings) [0x00026] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\Plex\PlexServerProxy.cs:216
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerProxy.GetTvSections (NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerSettings settings) [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\Plex\PlexServerProxy.cs:40
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerService.GetSections (NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerSettings settings) [0x00016] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\Plex\PlexServerService.cs:69
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerService.Test (NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.Plex.PlexServerSettings settings) [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\Plex\PlexServerService.cs:169

I have tried using my plex username and password and entering the plex token in the username field. Not sure what else to do?

that doesn’t sound like the right way to do things for Plex Media Server. The plex token is 100% not the username.

also v2 is EOL and obsolete, upgrade to v3.

If you’re still having issues with v3, let us know and what Plex Media Server version you’re running.

Hello sir, i am running Plex media server Version 1.22.1.4275 on Linux Mint 20.

My sonarr setting optiona are not the same as yours, i dont have most of those options

You are still running sonarr v2

Upgrade to sonarr v3

i cant due to libc dependency problems with mono. V2 is all we can use here on linux.

Even the snapd option is only v2.

eg

$ sudo apt install mono-devel
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
mono-devel : Depends: libc6 (>= 2.31) but 2.27-3ubuntu1.4 is to be installed or
libc6.1 (>= 2.31) but it is not installable or
libc0.1 (>= 2.31) but it is not installable
Depends: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.64.6) but 2.56.4-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 is to be installed
Depends: mono-mcs (= 6.12.0.122-0xamarin1+ubuntu2004b1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: mono-roslyn (= 6.12.0.122-0xamarin1+ubuntu2004b1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: mono-gac (= 6.12.0.122-0xamarin1+ubuntu2004b1) but 4.6.2.7+dfsg-1ubuntu1 is to be installed
Depends: mono-xbuild (= 6.12.0.122-0xamarin1+ubuntu2004b1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-cil-dev (= 6.12.0.122-0xamarin1+ubuntu2004b1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-2.0-dev (>= 6.12.0.122-0xamarin1+ubuntu2004b1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-2.0-dev (< 6.12.0.122-0xamarin1+ubuntu2004b1.1~) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: ca-certificates-mono (= 6.12.0.122-0xamarin1+ubuntu2004b1) but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: mono-csharp-shell but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: referenceassemblies-pcl but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: msbuild but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

we have no control over the fact that the sonarr snapd maintainer has failed to provide the current, supported version.

sounds like your setup is a hot mess and has heldbacks that don’t make sense.

v3 is completely supported and in use on linux…not sure where you get the idea that linux is stuck on v2 because that is not the case at all.

edit… no one says anything about installing mono…read the official installation instructions and don’t get instructions from random sites that are almost always wrong. //edit :smiley:

https://sonarr.tv/#downloads-v3-linux-ubuntu

edit 3 use lsb_release -a to figure out what system you are on and ensure you select the correct apt repo /edit3

Edit 2

You’ve got yourself into a royal mess and have 20.04 sources on a 18.04 machine…maybe don’t do random commands if you don’t actually at least roughly understand them first? yeah this should not have been said, my apologies

so uninstall mono, fix apt sources.

And then just install V3 per the official instructions, make the migration go easy and ensure sonarr v2 is running when you install v3 via our apt.

@bakerboy, I’ve been using linux for 25 years and if you fail to understand something about “my setup” then ask nicely or keep it to yourself. Your tone is condescending and un helpful and not asked for either.

The amount of “Linux engineers” or “been using Linux for X years” we see around here make simple mistakes is rather high…so I’ll take that claim with salt. Not to mention these folks tend to have issues following directions because of their ego and thinking they know everything better, but I digress.

You have your sources buggered…someone who has used Linux for 25 years should know you can’t do what it appears you’re doing…mixing 18.04 and 20.04 sources for the related packages and presumably using the wrong apt source

There’s nothing not understood about your setup. Your setup is just plain wrong and you’ve mixed apt sources for different versions. On top of that you have the false belief that Sonarr v3 is not supported on Linux which makes 0 sense at all.

The solution for your initial issue was given, upgrade to v3 and v2 is obsolete.

Then you say you can’t install v3 and you got a solution for that.

I guess telling you what you’re doing wrong and how to fix it is unhelpful? That’s fine sounds like you know enough to figure it out on your own with your 25 years of Linux experience. You won’t get anymore unhelpful help from me.

It appears you just don’t want to solve your problem if you won’t follow the prescribed solutions due to your ego being bruised.

…I’ll go eat a snickers and get some coffee

2.56.4-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 is to be installed

That package is from ubuntu bionic (18.04). This is a strong indicator that you have bionic-security in your apt sources. not 20.04 (focal). https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glib2.0/2.56.4-0ubuntu0.18.04.8

6.12.0.122-0xamarin1+ubuntu2004b1

That package is for ubuntu focal (20.04), and doesn’t match the other one.

Please check lsb_release -a to confirm your current os release, and adjust your apt sources accordingly. If you need to downgrade the mono apt sources url to 18.04, then you absolutely have to uninstall mono completely before reinstalling it properly. If you still have problems afterwards, let us know, but in that case post the apt sources urls configured in your system. (output of apt update should show you all urls)

My guess is that you accidentally picked the wrong mono repo url. ez fix, just uninstall mono first.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.