Invalid Request Validation Failed - connecting to QBitorrent

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4668

((Debug logs)):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B65KX4K6NvtqMFRaRzRVOS0zT00/view?usp=sharing

QBitorrent is on a different PC on the LAN… I can access QB using the WebUI. Firewall is turned off on the QB PC.

Did you google “Invalid Request Validation Failed - connecting to QBitorrent”

I don’t know what version of qBittorrent you are running, but I found a bunch of results like this

I was running 3.3.11. I just installed 3.3.3 and it is still failing. So far, no luck finding an older version.

I just installed uTorrent 2.2.1 and I’m getting the same error with uTorrent. Looks like a Sonarr issue.

The logs show multiple connections to the same host and port as successful:

17-3-23 14:26:38.2|Trace|HttpClient|Res: [GET] http://192.168.0.122:8080/query/preferences: 200.OK (20 ms)
`17-3-23 14:26:38.2|Trace|HttpClient|Res: [GET] http://192.168.0.122:8080/query/torrents?label=&category=: 200.OK (10 ms)

Is it an intermittent error?

uTorrent 3+ is supported, 2.x doesn’t have the APIs Sonarr requires.

Seems to happen consistently. The log has a more detailed entry this morning.

17-3-23 16:55:02.7|Error|QBittorrent|NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientException: Failed to connect to qBitTorrent, please check your settings. —> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.122:8080
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 76
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:line 60
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 70
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxy.ProcessRequest[TResult](HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, QBittorrentSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrentProxy.cs:line 163
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxy.ProcessRequest[TResult](HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, QBittorrentSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrentProxy.cs:line 184
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxy.GetConfig(QBittorrentSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrentProxy.cs:line 53
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrent.GetItems() in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrent.cs:line 83

Please post the full log that includes this error, the error alone doesn’t show which request failed, since it timed out it looks like the connection was established, but qbit fails to respond within 30 seconds, if it’s a request for the loaded torrents maybe the list if too large for qbit to return in a reasonable time.

Morning Markus. Something else that may be the issue. I removed QBit download client entry completely. Then when I went to check on Indexer entries, ie: Dog or PfMonkey, the correct configuration window would popup, but then immediately be swapped out with the (now-deleted) QBit config screen.This is happening for every indexer and download client config window.

It looks to me like there is some kind of corruption. I really would not want to lose all my monitored shows. Does it make sense to try to restore from a 25 day old backup? What are the implications?

Start with reinstalling Sonarr. ((Backup)) first to ensure you don’t lose anything current.

Start with reinstalling Sonarr. ((Backup)) first to ensure you don’t lose anything current.

The implications are anything that was added to Sonarr in the last 25 days would need to be readded and all series rescanned to ensure Sonarr has a current view of the files on disk.

This whole thing doesn’t make a lot of sense, I have no reasonable explanation how that would happen unless something else is causing it, browser extension, incorrectly configure reverse proxy, etc.

Thanks Markus. Have to agree with you it doesn’t make a lot of sense. I have removed the QBit download client, will Sonarr still download the .torrent file to the blackhole when found? If the answer is yes, I’m just going to leave it as is.

If it’s added to Sonarr and enabled, yes it will.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.