Indexers unavailable due to failures: nzbnoob, OZnzb.com, Rarbg

Version 2.0.0.5252
Mono Version 4.6.2
AppData directory /home/greg/.config/NzbDrone
Startup directory /opt/NzbDrone

ubuntu 18.04
Log: https://pastebin.com/QWUTyDX3:

several of my indexers are failing (connections I think)
I am not sure why this is happening. The ones that work are nzbplanet and nzbgook. nzbnoob and oznzb sometimes work.

Thank you…

If you test the indexers, do they succeed?

NZB Noob is failing because you’ve hit the request limits for a period of time.

NzbDrone.Common.Http.TooManyRequestsException: HTTP request failed: [429:429] [GET] at [https://nzbnoob.com/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100

Not sure about the others, could be similar issues if you’re using free accounts there, but could be downtime on the sites themselves.

Thanks for the reply!

Tests failed on all three although oznzb worked, and then didn’t. I am subscribed to nzbnoob, oznzb, and nzbplanet. I have no idea what is going on with nzbnoob but I wrote to them asking what is going on. I am using 2 free sites, nzbgeek and rarbg. Rarbg has always worked before, perhaps its not free anymore in which case I will have to choose another site for to deal with torrents.

OH, nzbgook is supposed to be nzbgeek (sorry) Actually things are doing pretty good overall. I just noticed this and thought I would see if something is going on that I don’t know about. I just tested rarbg the other day and it was doing just fine.

Logs of the failing test will say exactly why it’s failing, the current log just says they already failed (outside of NZB Noob).

I went to OZnzb and asked their forum about sonarr and oznzb. I got a number of responses that, basically, had the same problems. On the face of it oznzb seems to have a problem, I think. I have read some other stuff too and it seems there may also a problem with “www.api.oznzb.com” (which I use). There was also reference to ‘ssl’ which, as far as I know, I am not using. I also use pia as my vpn (maybe that is a problem?)

I tested oznzb again today and it failed again.

I went to the log and found it failed because of previous failures but I did find, in the log:
[v2.0.0.5252] NzbDrone.Common.Http.TlsFailureException: Failed to establish secure https connection to 'https://api.oznzb.com/api?t=caps&apikey=(removed) libcurl fallback might be unavailable. —> System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.) —> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. —> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. —> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.EndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00040] in <1d0bb82c94e7435eb09324cf5ef20e36>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.SafeEndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult ar, System.Boolean ignoreEmpty) [0x00000] in <1d0bb82c94e7435eb09324cf5ef20e36>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.NegotiateAsyncWorker (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00071] in <1d0bb82c94e7435eb09324cf5ef20e36>:0
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.EndNegotiateHandshake (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x0003b] in <1d0bb82c94e7435eb09324cf5ef20e36>:0

I remain clueless

they are using ssl/tls and their certificate looks ok (expires march next year and is after 12/2017 so shouldnt be part of the ssl security issues). maybe your mono doesnt have their root ca certificate (digicert/rapidssl) so it doesnt trust them?

there was this to try and update mono certs (its for a different piece of software but the instructions are relevant to mono)

and is your mono really at 4.6? possible to bring it up to 5.12? (i think that was the last known stable version, 16 and 18 have issues), see if that helps?

Thank you for the replies!

Rhom - did as you suggested:
I upgraded mono to 5.18 using this site: https://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/

After I did the “sudo apt update” I did “sudo apt upgrade” that proceeded to install the latest and greatest mono version 5.18.0.255 (upgraded 145 packages - all for mono as far as I could tell)

mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 5.18.0.225 (tarball Fri Dec 21 19:32:32 UTC 2018)
Copyright © 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notifications: epoll
Architecture: amd64
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
Interpreter: yes
LLVM: yes(600)
Suspend: preemptive
GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

After the upgrade/update (also installed a new sabnzbdplus) I rebooted to make sure everything that used mono restarted, etc.

I then went back to sonarr and tried to test the connection again - THIS TIME IT WORKED!
nzbnoob and oznzb also worked fine…

THANKS AGAIN!

I too have the OzNZB issue and also reported it on their forum. For me its only OZNZB which fails. I have NZBGeek and NZBPlanet working fine. If I check the logs in Sonarr, I can see report of the URL which it claims is failing - but I can access this api URL just fine from the same linux server running Sonarr (Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS), using wget from command prompt - I don’t have gui installed on this ubuntu build. This issue seems to correspond to the most recent sonarr update.

This is the sonarr.log:

[v2.0.0.5252] NzbDrone.Common.Http.TlsFailureException: Failed to establish secure https connection to 'https://api.oznzb.com/api?t=caps&apikey=(removed) libcurl fallback might be unavailable. —> System.Net.WebException: Error: SendFailure (Error writing headers) —> System.Net.WebException: Error writing headers —> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. —> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.EndReceiveRecord (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x40b32880 + 0x00103> in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.SafeEndReceiveRecord (IAsyncResult ar, Boolean ignoreEmpty) <0x40b327c0 + 0x0002b> in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.NegotiateAsyncWorker (IAsyncResult result) <0x40b2fef0 + 0x00223> in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.WebConnection.EndWrite (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request, Boolean throwOnError, IAsyncResult result) <0x409fb720 + 0x00207> in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.WebConnectionStream+<SetHeadersAsync>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 (IAsyncResult r) <0x409fb000 + 0x00143> in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x409e86c0 + 0x001a3> in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0x409e3cd0 + 0x00053> in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) <0x409dbfa0 + 0x00470> in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) <0x409dbfa0 + 0x00937> in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) <0x409dbd10 + 0x0025f> in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookieContainer) <0x409db480 + 0x00167> in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) <0x409d88c0 + 0x0003f> in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) <0x409f5cc0 + 0x0002b> in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.FetchCapabilities (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabSettings indexerSettings) <0x40b29b30 + 0x0023e> in <filename unknown>:0

18-12-27 18:05:29.2|Warn|NzbDroneErrorPipeline|Invalid request Validation failed:
– Unable to connect to indexer, check the log for more details

oznzb are also using a rapidssl certificate but again, it looks ok.

support for TLS1.2 (which oznzb are currently using) started in mono 4.8 so your version of mono needs to be at or higher than that once the indexer sites youre accessing start shifting to it due to security concerns

check what version of mono you have. try to get mono 5.12 (as it was the last reported stable version), otherwise 5.18 is the latest (still has some issues but its better than not working)

Fixed! Upgraded mono to latest version and now I added oznzb.com and all works fine again. Top marks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.