Indexer support: Giganews usenet

Hello,

I would like to know if it’s possible to add support for Giganews, as a usenet indexer. Giganews requires a username and password to login.

Thanks in advance

No, Giganews isn’t an indexer, it’s a provider.

Ok. So, I guess the only way I can use it then, is to set it up in SABnzbd?

Yes, or nzbget. Regardless Sonarr needs a download client to send releases to when they are found on your indexer.

Ok, thanks. Do you know of any torrent clients like SABnzbd ( Iknow it’s an indexer), that use a web-based interface, instead of a standard gui?

Transmission, deluge, uTorrent, rTorrent all have WEB UIs available.

What would be your recommendation? I’m tired of uTorrent.

Generally “Tired” of a piece of software doesnt help people pick one for you. What functionality do you want that uTorrent doesn’t give you? or What is the thing that frustrates you about uTorrent?

After using SABnzdb for usenet, I prefer the web-based gui opposed to a traditional one, and I don’t mean simply a web-basd remote gui where you still have to install a main client to use the web gui. Plus, I have tried to configure uTorrent to use the label and directory rules, so that it works properly with Sonarr, but it doesn’t appear to be working. I have installed and almost immediately removed Deluge and rTorrent due to lack of directory condiguration, and can not seem to find Transmission for Winfows. I guess my only option now is to try Vuze.

Vuze doesn’t have a web client (Without installing the main client) and it pretty heavy weight.

TBH it doesn’t really look like you know what you want other than “A Web Client” (Which pretty much all torrent clients offer, even if you have to install a fat client as part of the install/program) and “Directory Configuration” which Im not really sure what you are missing when you check the other clients because they all seem to do it for me.

Best (Most used) clients on Windows (in no particular order) are…

utorrent
Deluge
qBittorrent
Tixati
Vuze
Transmission-Qt Win

Apart from uTorrent, do any of the others offer category/label directory remapping?

Off the top of my head
qBittorrent
Deluge

I dont know about the others I dont use them. Im sure if you visit their respective sites and do some reading you can work it out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.