Index with Automatic Search Disabled being used for automatic searches

Sonarr Version: 3.0.4.1069
Package Version: 3.0.4.1069-ls28 by linuxserver.io
Mono Version: 5.20.1.34
Ubuntu 20.04:
Description of issue: One Index has automatic search disabled however Sonarr is regularly grabbing from this index and seems to be ignoring this setting.
I have just started using this setting in Sonarr, I use the same setting in Radarr and it works correctly so suspect this is a bug/regression?

This is the original feature request.
Option to disable automatic searches for indexers · Issue #253 · Sonarr/Sonarr (github.com)
Add option to use an indexer only for manual searches, but not for rss or automatic searches · Issue #1143 · Sonarr/Sonarr (github.com)

You’ve disabled RSS and automatic search, only leaving interactive search ticked?

1 Like

I haven’t disabled RSS, I will try that.
But the automatic search is disabled.

should fix it.

a lot of people dont realise that rss feeds are the only way soanrr can download something all by itself.

it never proactively searches for anything. episodes must be found in the rss feed for sonarr to do its thing.

that would be searches where you manually told sonarr to search the indexers for something but you dont want to manually select from the results (non interactive). eg, the magnifying glass icon next to an episode

manual (interactive) searches are where you manually told sonarr to search the indexers for something and you want to manually select from the results. eg, the person icon next to an episode, or the search tab for an episode.

RSS search is where sonarr (you cant initiate them) searches the rss feeds the indexers generate. this is the search it uses to find and download your monitored episodes in the background.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.