Incorrect Folder Rename- Illegal Character Replacement

Sonarr version (exact version): 4.0.0.452-ls452 by linuxserver.io
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

After following a guide on how to rename folders, by remapping the Root folder to the same Root folder and specifying to Replace Illegal Characters. Instead of replacing “:” with “-” they have been replaced by " -" with does mesh with the naming convention that has been adopted.

Is this a consquence of using a linuxserver.io image of Sonarr?

Is there a way to fix this and why doesn’t Sonarr have the same character replace function as Radarr, where you can just select how to replace your colons?

Not unless they were compiling their own version of Sonarr, which they’re not.

Colons followed by a space are replaced with -, otherwise they are replaced as-is, it’s been this way for 4+ years. Until now no one has asked about that option, nor implemented it.

I guess I’m just suprised by the result of changing the Folder Name to {Series TitleYear} and having the Replace Illegal Characters set would result in this in Sonarr and Radarr:

Sonarr - Pre
Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 22.11.17

Sonarr - Post
Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 22.08.51

Radarr - Pre
Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 22.12.03

Radarr - Post
Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 22.09.31

I see that the Radarr version of Replacing Illegal Characters has now made it’s way to Sonarr, so thanks!! :+1:t5:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.