Imports not using hardlinks

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5252
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.14.0.177
Debug logs: None present
Description of issue: Despite having the appropriate option “Use Hardlinks instead of Copy” checked, imports are being copied instead of hardlinked. I am performing this operation on a NFS share but have correctly mounted the root of the share (/media) and am only dealing with data stored on that same share.

The below command succeeds when entered on the shell under the same uid as Sonarr but the operation inside Sonarr would perform a copy instead (different inode):

ln /media/downloads/tvshows/file.mkv /media/tvshows/file.mkv

Surprisingly, there is no error in the logs. I do not have this issue with other services like Mylar that are also making use of the same share and the permissions are correctly set. Is there something I am missing? Thanks!

Under “Settings > General > Logging” temporarily set your log level to debug or even trace and hit save.

Then test an import and turn logging back to Info, never recommended to leave logging turned all the way up.

Then review the log files again and it should show you why it was unable to hard link.

That helped to reveal the issue. Although it didn’t state why it failed, it did reveal what it was deleting before copying and it was clear that it didn’t understand the path I provided. A quick edit in under the Series Editor resolved all issues. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.