Importing question

Docker container, host is Ubuntu 18.4

Hello, quick question about download importing. I use syncthing to sync content from a remote server to a local server, and Sonarr is configured with the appropriate folder redirects accordingly.

My question is, when sonarr requests an entire season or more of a show, is there anyway to tell sonarr to keep scanning the pickup folder or build in a delay profile for pickup? Reason being when syncthing begins to sync a show it will sync one file at a time. When sonarr sees valid content in that folder, even if only 1 of X episodes, it imports it and thinks that’s all the content, so it marks the torrent complete before the other episodes are finished syncing/importing, or at least that appears to be the case from what I’m seeing.

I checked with syncthing devs and there’s no way to tell it to sync entire folders at once, so I figured it can’t hurt to ask on this side.

Thanks in advance!
Ed

Probably needs a little scripting…
You need to ensure that sonarr only sees that folder when the sync is complete.
E.g. do a (slow) sync to the device where sonarr is running, to a temporary folder sonarr can’t see. Then do a move (which is instant on the same volume) to the folder where sonarr expects to pick up the files.

Not sure what your downloaders’ capabilities are to run a script when content is downloaded, but ideally you’d let the client be in charge. A halfway decent one won’t mark the download as complete until any scripts have completed, so sonarr won’t try to import “too soon”.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.