Importing from Transmission

I use Docker on Unraid. I have Sonarr and Transmission as Docker apps. So under Sonarr, I have it search TV shows, and categorize it as TV. In transmission, I have download folder as /downloads/completed/. So I did find out that all completed downloads are found in my /downloads/completed/TV folder. However, I didn’t setup my Drone factory to watch this folder. In Sonarr queue, it shows the shows are downloading, and nothing else. How does Transmission notify Sonarr it’s done, and file them under my /Media/TVs folder? Confused what to do next.

Make sure Completed Download Handling is enabled in Sonarr (it is by default). Then make sure Sonarr can access the files at the path reported by transmission or use Remote Path Mapping to ensure it can.

Don’t use Drone Factory.

Hello markus 101, thanks for the reply. Yes, completed download handling is enabled. Where in Sonarr can I test if it can access files downloaded by transmission? Under download client, I select Transmission, in which Host (192.168.1.103), Port (9091), URL base (transmission) are all filled up. Testing it says succeeded. I don’t see any other page where I can enter path. Or is it just with the Remote Path Mapping?

In Sonarr’s queue hover over the icon on the left and it will tell you why it can’t import something, if that path is not accessible from Sonarr you can either map it via docker or use Sonarr’s remote path mapping to translate the remote path (/downloads/completed/TV) to something locally accessible (for example: /shared/downloads/completed/TV).

It depends on your docker configuration and how your containers are setup.

Hello markus101, hovering over queued files shows “No files found are eligible for import in /data/complete/tv/Show_folder.” Is this still mapping related? Several shows that were downloaded had the same issue under Queued.

Yeah, Sonarr can’t find files at that path, which means its either permissions or the path isn’t visible to Sonarr.

markus101, thanks for the help. In the end, it’s the mappings still that I was mistaken. It also turns out under sonarr’s download client page for transmission, url base is not relevant. Though by default, /transmission/ is placed into the blank space. It doesn’t alter the storage path.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.