Importing existing shows on Windows network drive

Hi,

I’ve just changed over from Sickbeard without too much drama other than NZBDrone is telling me that a network drive does not exist. It’s a mapped drive on another Win PC on my LAN (S:\).

I’m stumped :slight_smile: Any help in getting NZBDrone to recognise this drive? I get a “Path does not exist.” error. TIA!

P.S. Great software, such a breath of fresh air after SB.

Let me be the first to say Welcome To NZBDrone Project and the NZBDrone Forums :slight_smile:

Have you tried adding it as D:\ a good way to tell if that is working is all your subfolders will start appearing (assuming you have any)

the above is for a local drive (meaning same computer NzbDrone is on) for a network drive this is a little different

if the computer that has the network drive is also a windows machine you can enter it as

\\ COMPUTER NAME \ FOLDER \

(Don’t add the spaces though i just did this as when all together it was hard to see the slashes here is how it should look really replacing the computer name with the networked pc’s share name and folder with the folders name of course)

\\COMPUTER NAME\FOLDER\

you could assuming the PC has a static IP try adding using the IP Address instead of Computer Name so

\\192.168.1.1\Folder\

Doesn’t have to have capital letters either this was just for demonstration

Update: after writing this i tested it on mine to make sure it does in fact work and yes it does but only when using computer name not IP Address so try that first

if you have any more questions or if this works for you please post here and let us know if it solves your issue so it may help others in the future i will mark as solved as well

Thank you for your response and welcome protocol77!

I did have the trailing slash entered in NZBDrone, same error.

I have tried your suggestions, using both the computer name and ip, which is static. \Dani-pc\tv\ and \192.168.1.105\tv\

Neither connect with the error log stating “14-3-17 19:33:20.0|Warn|NzbDroneErrorPipeline|Invalid request Validation failed:
– Path does not exist”

I can access the folder by typing either address into Windows Explorer. The folder is shared with read write access granted to “Everyone”.

Sickbeard has no problem accessing this folder. I’m still stumped :slight_smile:

that is weird as i tested it on my system and it worked

have you checked security permissions on the folder to see if that is set to everyone you can do this by on the machine the folder is stored right click and go to properties then click the security tab

then click edit and make sure everyone is entered in the list if so make sure full control is selected along with all the other check boxes although selecting full control should set them all anyways

then click apply and then ok it may perform a scan of the folder contents as it applies the permissions although it may not it depends really

if everyone is not in that list you can add it by clicking add and then typing everyone into the box where it says “Enter Object Names” after typing this press check names to set it if set correctly it should underline the word “Everyone” then just keep clicking ok to close the boxes

this is the only other thing i can think of apart from checking in advanced sharing settings that networking sharing is enabled and it is not password protected otherwise i am stumped as well

1 Like

If you’re still having issues, you will likely need to avoid using the Windows service and startup via the Startup folder (likely how you have SB starting). More info on this scenario is covered in the FAQ: https://github.com/NzbDrone/NzbDrone/wiki/FAQ#why-cant-nzbdrone-see-my-files-on-a-remote-server

Hey markus, removing the service and running via startup fixed the issue. Thank you for your support!

Hey guys,

I had the same issue, but I didn’t want to remove the service and run it as a startup item.

Therefore, here is what I did to solve the issue, first thing, I wanted to give the service rights to log on as my Windows user account, this was done by going through the following steps:

1. Go to Local Security Policy (from Control Panel -> Administrative Tools)
  2. Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment -> Log on as a service.
  3. Hit the Properties for Log on as a service and add your User account.

Once you have done the above, go to Services, and open NzbDrone Service, in the Log On tab, change it to “This account”, and add your windows user account (Browse for it and check the name to confirm).

Stop & then restart the service, and you should be able to add Windows Network Shares under a UNC. ex, \\NetworkPCName\Folder\Sub-Folder

5 Likes

thanks for the tips hopefully they will help anyone else having this issue in the future :smile:

Hey guys, just a note here that it fixed my problem. On PC. Had recently migrated to a fresh install. Had only changed the security of the drive to my personal name not ‘Everyone’ like mentioned above. Changed the security and ownership of the drive to Everyone then it was recognised in Drone. Could then start adding existing shows.

Thank you very much, this worked perfectly.