Import failure - permissions issues?

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.5.1144
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs: 22-3-16 17:08:39.3|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume1/DOWNLOADS/complete/Abbott.Elementary.S01E01.1080p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta/. Ensure the path exists and the user running Sonarr has the correct permissions to access this file/folder
Description of issue:
I am running Sonarr and SABnzbd on a Synology NAS. I am able to add a new series in Sonarr, it downloads in SABnzbd, and then the downloaded files show up in the “completed” folder as specified in SABnzbd. Those files are not imported into their appropriate show specific folders, as I’ve specified in Sonarr. I get the above error in the log.

I’ve read a lot of forums saying this is a permissions issue and some have mentioned “sc-downloads” group needing read & write access. An sc-downloads group doesn’t show up for me in groups, so I’m unsure how to change permissions for that group

Additionally, I’ve given read & write access to sc-nzbdrone, sc-mono, and sc-sabnzbd for my downloads folder where that SABnzbd is directed to as well as to my Plex folder where all of my media lives and my root path in Sonarr is directed to.

I’m new to this, so any help would be massively appreciated!

You’re over a year out of date and two point versions behind.

DSM 7 broke any and all permissions.

See the download troubleshooting article which has a link to SynoCommunties’s permission article as they are the ones best suited for the NAS permissions given they create, maintain, and support the poorly maintained, frequently broken, and comically out of date NAS packages.

I think Syno also has an issue where you’ve only set permissions on the base folder and you did not cascade those permissions down

Also what in the forum post template and the wiki article for how to get logs said to only post a single line error that says permissions are denied.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.