Import Failing After Upgrade And I Can't Figure Out Why

Sonarr version (2.0.0.5153):
Mono version (5.0.0):

So this happened to me once before and I thought I had this all figured out, but apparently not.

I’m running SABnzbd and Sonar in Docker containers on and unRAID server, from the binhex repositories. After upgrading to the latest version of unRAID both Sonar and SABnzb went belly up so I deleted the containers and started again.

Everything is working except that Sonar can’t seem to find the downloaded TV shows and import them to my unRAID server. The following log message seem to indicate Sonarr is looking for them in a nonexistent location from an ancient install from another repository (I don’t know where it’s picking this up from): Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /config/Downloads/complete/Generic TV Show Name .S07E04.Episode Name.720p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-NTb-postbot.1/37de00f3d8f747a3acb0728d88d4ee19.mkv

I’ve looked and fiddle with every setting I can find to get Sonar to pointed to the right download folder but I’m obviously missing something. Anytime there is a setting field and I click on it, opens right to the correct folder with the downloaded files. I can even go into the Wanted tab on the webgui select Manual Import and the downloaded files are right there in the Recent Folder where I can manually import them.

Here’s a link to my paths for Sonar and Sabnzbd:

https://imgur.com/aLTrXeJ

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SAB and Sonarr don’t have the same path where SAB downloads files to and Sonarr will pick them up.

For example you’d want /downloads in both containers to point to the same location on disk (exactly the same) that way SAB will download the file to there and Sonarr will import it. Alternatively you could use Remote Path Mappings in Sonarr to remap the remote path from SAB to a local path, but that’s just extra configuration.

Sonarr gets the path to import from from SAB directly, so there is at least one download in Sonarr’s category with that path.

I have the remote path mapped to the location where SABnzbd is downloading, Sonarr still isn’t seeing the completed files.

Post a screenshot of your Remote Path Mapping settings in Sonarr and upload the debug logs and link them here so we can see. Based on the information you’ve shown I expect things not to work since SAB downloads to one path and Sonarr accesses that same path via a different mapping in the container (and is mapped to a different path on disk).

I figured this out and thought I post in case anyone runs in to the same issue.

After poking around my cache drive (where all my docker containers are on my unRAID server) I realized there were multiple locations with the sub-path \downloads\complete (and \incomplete) in them. All of which when selected as the download destination in the settings of SABnzbd appear as \config\downloads\complete. There was also a \downloads folder as well.

Adding to my confusion was the fact that one of locations had an uppercase D in Downloads, which the Sonarr error message has as well indicating to me that is where it was looking … it was not.

I replaced the config and .ini files for SABnzbd with those from the last working version then downloaded and successfully imported a file to make sure it worked. After doing so I opened up the two \downloads\complete folders, the \Downloads\complete and the \downloads folder and downloaded the same file again and monitored exactly which one the file was actually being downloaded to then put a null text file called This Directory in it. Put the newest config and .ini files back, went into the settings, navigated to the folder with the text file and selected it as the destination folder. I also deleted all the apparently extraneous \download\complete folders. All working now.

Two things going on here it seems, the first being that when using the browse function in SABnzbd to select the download destination (and incomplete location) multiple locations all appear as the correct \config\downloads\complete AND the location that Sonarr says its looking for the downloaded file isn’t where it’s actually looking.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.