Import failed, files disappearing after importing (sometimes)

DownloadedEpisodesImportService: Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /sabnzbd/downloads/sonarr/TVSHOWNAME/TVSHOWNAME - S04E12 -.mkv. Ensure the path exists and the user running Sonarr has the correct permissions to access this file/folder

I don’t know why, but sometimes it’s failing to import, sometimes it imports fine. If I download it again it seems to import fine. But why do I have to download the file twice?
I’ve also noticed, but could be wrong here, that when it downloads 1 file at a time it’s importing fine. But when files are downloading and trying to get imported it seems to fail.

The only thing I can guess right now is, sabnzbd moves the completed files to the same folder where the files are getting imported and then moves / renames the files. Could it be because they are both using the folder at the same time that something breaks? If this is the problem, how would I fix this though?

Also the file just disappears from the drive when it failed to import, it’s nowhere to be found.
This never happened before and now it’s happening to almost half of my files, I’m using sabnzbd to download my files and I’m using docker.

I have added this line to the volumes in docker (Sonarr):
/media/sata/plex/sabnzbd/downloads:/sabnzbd/downloads

And this in sabnzbd:
/media/sata/plex/sabnzbd/downloads:/downloads

I also added this in docker (linuxserver images) so both sonarr and sabnzbd are using the same user for permissions

environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000

I have added a remote path in Sonarr:

Can someone help me out?

Forget remote path mapping. Use a single mount and restructure the subfolders.

See for example Docker - TRaSH Guides
→ Folder Structure

Edit: not sure if it applies, but disable download sorting in sabnzbd.

I reorganized everything and I have probably still misconfigured something as I’m getting this error in sonarr:
No files found are eligible for import in /usenet/complete/tv/folder-name-of-tv-show

The error is right, cause it should be in:
/data/usenet/complete/tv/folder-name-of-tv-show

Where is it getting this path information from though?

EDIT:
I changed the volume of sabnzbd from
/data/usenet:/usenet

to:
/data:/data

And this fixed it, although the guide says to do it differently.
I guess the information of the path comes from sabnzbd and needs to mimic the folder path to sonarr, maybe I can set it somewhere else, but I don’t know where.

Gotta do some more testing, but I think everything is working as should now!

Your setup should be:

main folder /data
then /data/usenet and /data/media
then /data/media/tv, movies, music (depending on what you download)

In docker your Sonarr docker should map to /data and your sabnzbd should map to /data/usenet and you also have to go into sabnzbd and change the path of the of the temporary and complete paths under folders to point to /data/usenet/incomplete, complete.

Still under sabnzbd settings go to categories and change the paths to point to /data/usenet/complete. It will automatically create the folders after you click save if you didn’t create them already

Remember what you name them because that is the name you have to put in Sonarr/radarr/lidarr in settings/download clients/sabnzbd/Category.

I also have show advanced settings enabled on both Sonarr and sabnzbd. So if you don’t see all the options make sure advanced settings is checked

I use tv, movies, music because its easy to remember

In Sonarr under media management your root folder will be /data/media/tv

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.