If cutoff is unmet, only upgrade if at least cutoff quality is found

I love the cutoff feature, I think it’s pretty great. But it’s also quite frustrating as it generates a lot of extra traffic. I understand that there’s the delay profiles but that doesn’t work for something that you want quickly, but you’ll eventually want a the blu ray version of, as you end up re-downloading it loads of times.

I often find that as a series is running I’ll want it straight away, but sometimes I might wait a while before I watch it (or may even just want the blu ray version later). I’d still like it to get it straight away just in case I want to watch it. So, I set a load of qualities to be sure that it grabs something. Still, I’ll want the cutoff to be BluRay because that’s the ultimate target.

Say your profile is the following:

BR 1080p <---- cutoff
BR 720p
Web-DL 1080p
Web-DL 720p
HDTV 1080p
HDTV 720p

This can in some cases result in the same episode being downloaded up to 6 times (though that’s pretty rare, more often than not it’ll be 2-3). This is pretty annoying as generally once you’ve got it and it’s just aired, you’re happy to accept a lower quality one.

Instead of it going all the way through the list, sometimes upgrading in small increments, it would be great if there was a checkbox to say “only upgrade if at cutoff level”. That way, it would only download it a maximum of 2 times - once for the quick “it’s just released, I want it now” time and once for the actual target quality you really want.

How this isn’t in already is beyond me

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.