Idiots guide to sorting and renaming

hi guys

Does someone have a more detailed guide to sorting and renaming for sonar? I have recently migrated from PC to Mac and found Sickbeard to be a lot more user friendly with sorting and renaming. I want sonar to automatically rename my episodes after downloading and then move them over to my NAS drive once they have been renamed. As mentioned, i found this process to be a lot easier with sickbeard. I am using SABNZBd as my download client.

More information about your setup would go a long way.

Which version of Sonarr?
Are SAB and Sonarr both on the Mac?

Sonarr will get completed downloads from your download client and move the files to your series folders automatically, renaming them if you wish (Media Management settings).

If Sonarr and SAB aren’t on the same machine you need to add a remote path mapping (Download Client settings) that will “rewrite” the path received from SAB to something that Sonarr can access remotely.

Either don’t set the Drone Factory or set it to something separate from where SAB downloads, otherwise it will conflict with Sonarr’s automatic file importing once received from SAB.

Hi Markus

I am using Sonarr 2.0.0.2804 and SAB 0.7.20.

Yes, they are both on the same mac.

Currently SAB has a dedicated download folder for all downloads on the Mac. Once series are downloaded, i copy the mkv file over the the TV folder on the NAS. I then go into Sonarr to update the library so it sees the new episodes and then use Sonarr to rename them.

I don’t fully understand the drone folder and SAB tags to automate this process.I would like Sonarr to scan the download folder on the mac, rename the MKV file in its set format, and move it over to the set path on the NAS drive and delete the extra junk files that come with the download if possible.

Could you please guide me through this process if it is possible to do it with Sonarr?

@Kelso - have a read of this guide, just to double check that you installed it OK.

Then read this guide on how to setup Sonarr:

Hope it helps.

so you don’t use Sonarr to handle your downloadds ?
like searching and downloading ?

Hi Cbers

Thanks for the info but i don;t really have a problem with the installation and setup. I went through links and my setup is fine except i didn’t use terminal to do the setup and i don’t auto startup setup.

My problem is with post processing after a download is complete.

Hi Trash

Sonar only downloads NZB file and dumps in SAB to do the actual download. Downloads are fine. I just need the post processing automated to rename files and move the renamed files onto the NAS drive.

when Sonarr sends the nzb to SAB for the download it should pick it up again after finished,
works best with CDH.
then Sonarr does the post processing for the renaming.
no need to manual do anything anymore.

i don’t use SAB anymore because i switched to NZBGet because it’s lighter for my microserver.
but should work with SAB the same way.

You need to set up a category in SAB that matches Sonarr, so that SAB puts the downloaded file in the correct folder so that Sonarr can process it and move to the Series folder.

Kelso,

Did you get this figured out?

You’ll need to set up a “tv” category in SAB and create a “tv” folder inside of your completed downloads folder (as specified in SAB).

Here is a link to setting up categories in SAB: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-categories

Let me know if you need any help, what you are asking for is exactly half of the job that Sonarr does so you’re definitely missing out if you’re manually moving any files.

Yeah i Kinda got it sorted out. But not with SAB. I previously already had the TV category with SAB but it still didnt work. However, i must add that i have switched over to NZBget and it seems Sonarr works a hell of a lot better with it. Not only are my downloads automatically copying to the NAS drive but my downloads are failing so much either. I had a problem with SAB where downloads would fail because of missing parts or the NZB being incomplete. NZBget downloads the same NZB files without any issues… thought this would be worth a mention.