I just want to MOVE a file, not copy it

Can we get a second option under “Completed Download Handling” called something like “Force”? This option could be greyed out until you turn on “Remove”. I just need Sonarr to remove the original copy immediately after renaming and sorting it in my TV directory.

I’ve found tons of other threads with people having this same issue. I’ll explain my use case below.

Here’s a breakdown of the operations:

• Sonarr starts remote Deluge client on seedbox.

• Deluge moves completed downloads from …/torrents/TempTransfer/ to …/torrents/SyncTV/

• …/torrents/SyncTV/ is synced through Syncthing to /downloads/ on my local server.

• Sonarr processes the fully synced files in /downloads/ and renames and copies them to /tv/.

This so far all works perfectly.

The problem is, I can’t get Sonarr to delete the copies in /downloads/ after it’s finished processing them.
With every other similar program I’ve used (Couch Potato, Sickbeard, Sickrage), you can instruct it to move instead of copy or instruct it to delete the original.

I have a Deluge plugin set up to delete the torrent data after 7 days, so I don’t need Sonarr handling this for me. I don’t have the space on my SSD for 7 days worth of data before it gets deleted by Sonarr.

I think the “Drone Factory” stuff might be able to do what I want, but I’ve seen numerous threads on the forums/reddit from even the developers saying “DON’T USE DRONE FACTORY!! IT’S EVIL!!!” so I’m a bit reluctant to try it. Not to mention, they are supposedly going to remove it entirely in an upcoming release.

TL;DR Just a simple “force deletion immediately after processing” option.

I still use the Drone Factory without issues. Hopefully by the time they remove it I won’t have a seedbox any more so won’t need it.

Edit: Just to add, you can also use remote mappings to pull it down from the seedbox rather than using SyncThing.

For us this is part of a bigger undertaking and providing more ways to get files from seedboxes (besides requiring it be mounted like any other files ystem using sshfs or WebDrive).

We don’t plan to add an option to bypass the status from the download client at this time (which is used to determine it’s copied/hardlinked or moved).

Drone factory will work in this scenario (though it’s not recommended) as long as the files being synced aren’t seen by Sonarr as video files (have a different extension) until they are completely transferred (some tools allow appending something to the extension while they are transferring). The recommended way would be telling Sonarr to rescan the folder using the API, the same way using Manual Import and choosing automatically import would work. An issue with either of these approaches would be Sonarr wouldn’t be able to use it’s information about the download from when it was grabbed to assist during importing.

Couldn’t you use a script to do this? Sonarr can run custom scripts after import. Set it to hard link and then a script deletes the original after Sonarr imports it. It’s essentially equivalent to a move.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.