HTTP Password Reset

I did something stupid :frowning:
I set a username and password on the http page, and I must have mistyped either the username or password, and now I canā€™t log in to Sonarr.
Iā€™ve even tried re-installing, but it looks like the config is kept because it still asks for username and password.
What do I do?

Edit Sonarrā€™s config.xml file and change it there (if visible), otherwise disable authentication bye settings AuthenticationMethod to None:

<AuthenticationMethod>None</AuthenticationMethod>
1 Like

Brilliant - fixed it!
Thanks markus

Hi,

How do I obtain my username and password? Or Possibly reset

You canā€™t retrieve it, but you can reset it on the General Settings page.

If you canā€™t access the UI follow the steps above to disable authentication, then restart Sonarr to have it take effect.

Hi,
Iā€™m having the same issue and have very limited knowledge of how to correct it.
I canā€™t even find where the config.xml file would be located on Mac OSX.

You mention, that you can simply disable the authentication settings, but do not explain where to type that string into?
I tried putting it simply in the terminal and it did not work. Could you explain the steps I should take in laymanā€™s terms?
Thanks!

Backup and restore and log files show the locations for most systems.

You need to change the AuthenticationMethod line in Config.xml.

I have no idea of how to find: /Users//.config/NzbDrone/logs
Simply searching for a folder titled ā€œNZBDroneā€ reveals no results.

I made the mistake of using a Mac as my Plex Server when I have no experience using one :frowning:

Could you please take me through this step by step?

<user> is your username, you need to replace it.

You can also use ~/.config/NzbDrone, use Go to folder in finder.

1 Like

Ah. That worked!
I didnā€™t realize you had to use the ā€œGoā€ to find the folder.
Thanks!

Change AuthenticationMethod to what?

From the second post.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.