How to specify (x265) Release Profile when adding Series via API?

Sonarr (exact version): 3.0.4.1131
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.0.180
Debug logs: Not needed for this
Description of issue: I’m creating a python web app to ingest and parse an inbound referrer link and then add the series to Sonarr, and if there is x265 content available, specify that as part of the configuration. I have read through the API docs here and also here, including the Required and Optional parameters, but neither “Release Profile” nor “ReleaseProfile” are listed.

As I imagine that the UI is wrapping all it’s commands to the API, I want to assume this is possible. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Series are linked to release profiles via tags, so you’ll need to specify the tag (tags is an array of tag ids).

It is, you can inspect the requests in developer tools to see exactly how it’s done via the UI.

Thanks @markus101!

i did find the following using the developer tools:

1. tags: [1]

1. 0: 1

But since the docs didn’t list “tags” as an allowed parameter, I didn’t think it was acceptable.

Ahh, they just predate tags being part of the series object, for the most part we’ve include the minimum requirements as additional parameters are either ignored if they are invalid or used if valid.

For example you could include: "myFakeProp": false in the JSON and the API would just ignore it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.