How to Set Show to Search Using Alternate Criteria (If Possible) / Editing Show

Sonarr version: 2.0.0.4680
Description of issue:
I have used Sonarr for a couple of years now and love it! It does a great job managing my 746 series / 33137 episodes. I do have a question, though…

Is it possible to set Sonarr to search for specific shows using optional user-defined criteria? For instance, the show “Explorer” is listed as having seasons 2017, 2016, etc. however posted NZBs & torrents label the seasons differently. The latest episode in Sonarr is “Explorer - 2017x04 - Episode 4” but the latest posted episode is “S10E04.” Didn’t know if possible to add criteria for that show in Sonarr so that it would search for “10” instead of “2017” for the season. If not, it would be a great feature!

If this is not currently possible, I’ve never understood how the metadata Sonarr uses may be edited. From what I’ve read it’s a database which is managed by the community; but don’t know where to start if I wanted to “fix” some of the show I have with issues.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

This functionality is handled through thexem.de (https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#how-does-sonarr-handle-scene-numbering-issues-american-dad-etc) which allows remapping of different season or episode numbers.

Sonarr gets it’s series information from TheTVDB, though typically numbering issues such as this aren’t fixed there as the series officially uses years for season numbers, but the people releasing episodes use a more conventional season number.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.