How to remove leftover files

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5054
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):windows 10
((Debug logs)): NA
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

Hi all, so the bulk rename tool is really handy, I used it to tidy up my TV folder. I have a question though, how on earth can I get it to delete everything else? For example I used to use xbmc/kodi and that requires a bunch of media/nfo/whatever files I now no longer need. Also the old season folders are no longer relevant as I use - Season folder format now where I used to use Season format. Thanks in advance.

Anybody have any comment on this? Is it just not doable?

Sonarr will rename the matdata files used by Kodi, etc if they were linked to the episode already and will cleanup a season folder if it’s completely empty, but if there are unassociated metadata files and folders that aren’t empty, Sonarr won’t deal with them.

I’m not sure what tools are available to do that cleanup.

I have had to manually go into each and every series folder and delete the extra files/folders. Be sure to use ORGANIZE first. A scan of the disk will only put the items in the DB as found, it will not move them into the right season folder, only organize will do that. Well when the file is downloaded it will put it in the correct folder but that is normal.

What I have been doing to convert over Sickbeard is to move the series over to a new folder I set up in Sonarr as the series folders. I have found that if you have folders that are say show S01, S02, ect, rename S01 to be without the S01 so it is just the series name, then move the S02 ect over to the renamed folder. Then move the renamed folder to the Sonarr series directory. I do this for 10 to 20 series. Then I go into Sonarr GUI and do an add new series via bulk disk scan. Tell it the directory to scan, and the new series should pop up. Add them to the Sonarr. Once you have added all the series, do a disk scan from the add series menu. Sonarr will find the new series shows.

Here is where it gets difficult, once Sonarr is done scanning new episodes, go into each series and do an organize for each. After done organizing, you can go into each folder and delete the extra files/folders that are in the series folder.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.