How to re-import everything?

Sonarr version (exact version): 4.0.4.1491-ls238 container by linuxserver.io
Description of issue:

I recently noticed that permissions weren’t set up properly in my container for hard linking. I’ve fixed this, but the duplicated files are still there and I would like to change them into hard links without doing a manual import on each show. Is there a way to delete everything and have Sonarr automatically re-import it all again from the torrents?

You’d need to remove all files and history, probably better to use a tool that can find the duplicates and create hardlinks instead, offhand I don’t recall what works best for that.

Alternatively you could use Manual Import to achieve this, but using it on a lot of unsorted files will be a lot of effort.

probably better to use a tool that can find the duplicates and create hardlinks instead, offhand I don’t recall what works best for that.

If you can name any of them, that would already be very helpful. I haven’t been able to find any such tools. Although, come to think of it, I might be able to write one myself. Doesn’t sound too complicated to do.

Alternatively you could use Manual Import to achieve this, but using it on a lot of unsorted files will be a lot of effort.

Yeah, that’s what I’m trying to avoid. I’ve already manually imported the egregiously large ones that came in season packs, but there’s so many smaller torrents, including something over a hundred episodes downloaded individually. Those are going to take forever to match up.

Just to make sure, can I just replace the duplicates with hard links without informing Sonarr in any way? If so, I think I’ll go the route of writing my own script to do this.

JDupes is the one I was thinking of.

If the file name/size changes then Sonarr will see it during the next rescan, otherwise it’ll just see it as the same file and not care that it’s now a hardlink (Sonarr doesn’t maintain any reference to whether it was imported via copy or hardlink outside of history which is more for your use).

Ah, I was looking for tools specifically for Sonarr. That’s why I couldn’t find anything. Thanks for your help, and also for all the awesome work you’ve done with Sonarr and Radarr!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.