How to prevent another groups proper from downloading when it may not be needed?

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.9.1549
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.8.0.105
Debug logs: n/a
Description of issue: Preventing the downloading of ‘proper’ releases from another version of the file you already have.

Some more details on the above (example)

I download TV_Show_Blah_s01e01_pirates-r-us_720p_hevc.mkv and it’s 300 megs and a perfect copy. (I have things configured to prefer the hevc encodes and life is good.)

A day later, the same show from a different scene group pops up:

TV_Show_Blah_s01e01_hax0r_720p_h264.mkv. I prefer hevc encodes so a re-download isn’t triggered.

Then, TV_Show_Blah_s01e01_hax0r_720p_h264_PROPER.mkv comes along an hour later. It’s a 1 gig rip and since it’s a ‘proper’, my perfectly working hevc from the other group is replaced by this groups bigger file that was never needed by me since my pirates-r-us encode was fine.

Sure, if pirates-r-us releases a proper of their hevc, I want that but how do I prevent Sonarr from grabbing a different groups proper when it may not be needed?

Settings > Media Management > click Show Advanced > File Management > Propers and Repacks > set to either of the Do not... settings > click Save Changes

Yeah, I know about that option but if group A’s HEVC copy is perfectly fine (and is the one I downloaded) and group B’s first copy of the same episode is screwed up and they releases a proper, Sonarr will grab group B’s version… since it’s a proper…to THEIR screwed up first copy.

I think the only solution is to turn off the option to download propers and repacks and manually look for propers myself if I encounter problems during playback of a TV show.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.