How to get Sonarr to automatically import qBittorent manual download?

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue: I have all of my TV shows set up in Sonarr with both NZB and Torrent indexers and download clients set up. On really old shows, some episodes aren’t found by my indexers, so I manually download with qBittorent from EZTV magnet links. Once the file is downloaded, I need to manually move the file into the TV show’s specific directory and refresh Sonarr. Is there a way to automate this? I read somewhere that if I set up categories in qBittorent, this works, but I don’t know what specifically needs to be done. If already have Sonarr set to use qBittorent and a category called Sonarr. Not sure how to set it up the other way around. Thanks.

I finally figured it out - need to assign a category to each torrent. It wasn’t working at first, but I guess I wasn’t patient enough.

1 Like

qBit is pretty behind with this part of the software. Other software ive use allows you to auto tag/categorize based on the monitor folder. Since qBit doesnt you would have to manually categorize them. I use a lot of scripts and one of them auto categorizes based on the folder (what qBit should do) but if you want it to be automated you would have to head over to the qBit github and put in a request for it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.