How to delay grabbing?

Version

Mono Version

Description of issue:
Hi, wonder if some can tell me if this is possible? I have setup my release profiles to prefer HEVC encoded downloads - this works just fine when there is a HEVC version of the release. However often the x264 versions are uploaded few hours before the H265 versions and sonarr just grabs the 264 version that is available at the required quality.
I thought I could force Sonarr to wait for the x265 versions by applying a 300min delayed profile to Usenet but that just seems to delay the download time - it still uses the 264 version that it flagged before the 265 version was available.
Is there a way to make sonarr reevalute what else is available before cueing a download?

Sonarr will evaluate all available releases when the delay expires and it goes to download something, assuming it’s seen the x265 release already it should grab that as long as it’s not rejected for another reason.

Hi thanks for the response - I dont think this is happening - here is a good example from this morning. I have the delayed profile set to 3000 minutes which is 5 hours.
For this episode the download has happened already, I went into the
In this case Sonarr has downloaded the episode already and downloaded the 264 version. I went into the interactive search and got this screenshot. The yellow highlighted episode is what Sonarr grabbed, however you can see that there is a x265 version highlighted in orange that is even marked a +4 preference and was made available just an hour after the one that was downloaded yet sonarr still grabbed the 264 version that had already been put into the delay queue.

The exclamations here are just informing me that the release already downloaded meets the cutoff for quality.

For the record this is how i have setup the release profile to prefer HEVC releases.

An update to this - could the above example be because for this quality profile the Web1080p (which the 264 version was) is regarded as higher than the HDTV-1080p quality as below? Should I group the HDTV version with the WEBDL and WEBRip versions if I want the 2665 version to rather be taken (ie it seems like quality trumps the release profile score?

Correct, quality is the highest weighted thing, if you want things to be compared with preferred words winning then you need to group them.

1 Like

I had the same issue , but resolved with the delay profile.

The delay profile also need to be referenced in the quality profile iirc, so if you made a separate delay profile, will need to ensure the quality profile references it.

Beyond that, it looks as though those 2 releases come from 2 different sources… Maybe there was a source issue at the time of search?

The other thing I do is put the numbers waaaaayyy out, after all the calculation, I’ll get +2500… Really spaces it all out. Maybe you could also set a minimum required score (but that may just be Radarr). A negative score on h264 could also bring this below the threshold.

I am new to all this too, so cannot really elaborate much on all of this, sorry. I also only wait 120 mins, and use torrent (peasant, I know) but all I can say is “Delay” worked for me, once I figured it out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.