How to configure Sonarr that it doesn't redownload deleted files

Hi all

I have my Sonarr set up to download documentaries via Usenet, I then upload them to OneDrive, I have a Plex VPS set up in the cloud, in which OneDrive is mounted as a share, and I can access my media that way. I have to do this as files are downloading (I wait for series to complete first)

I had to delete my entire documentary folder, as I had messed up the configuration - it started redownloading series that I had copied over, despite it showing on Sonarr that, that particular episode had indeed been added to the collection. Also noticed that Sonarr had added duplicate files to be downloaded to SABNZD. Due to my limited knowledge with SABNZD, I uninstalled it & reinstalled it to clear the queue.

How can I set this up to avoid a repeat of it happening again.

It may be worth nothing that I changed my initial sonarr config. I had the storage drive from which downloaded the series, from Sonarr connected to a USB 2.0 enclosure. After realising that this was a bottleneck. It was making downloading, and uploading to one drive near impossible due to the USB2.0 speeds. I mounted the drive in an old Desktop, and still using the machine I used initially to download series, I am simply running a network share over a gigabit LAN, and files are downloaded, and being stored that way, and this seems to be working. I just don’t want deleted files being redownloaded, and duplicated.

Because Onedrive won’t let me select multiple folders at a time, I have to create a new subfolder off the root folder, move all completed series there, and then upload that subfolder to OneDrive, and then delete the subfolder off the Sonarr storage server once the upload has complete. I cannot keep it, as I will run out of storage space.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks (:

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

Enable the advanced setting to unmonitor deleted files

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.