How do i stop the automatic processes. When a drive is removed

I do not run raid and tend to remove a drive now and then. my system auto mounts the drives like
VOL1 +VOL2 +VOL3 … VOL20
they are merged into a large mediavolume that sonarr uses.

the problem is when I remove a drive and if sonar notices it it will start trying to find all the episodes that happen to be on that drive and start them processing creating duplicates on the other drives. It’s not fatal as I use mergerfs +btrfs filesystem that handles dups sort of.

What I am wondering if the scan routine could have a button that appears if it notices files that used to exist that disappeared offering to pause the processing for a week or month. Even a manual way to halt all processing. so at least I can still edit show lists and such. Radar also needs a way to halt its processing.

You could use the “Unmonitor Deleted Episodes” setting?
That would at least stop it from the re-downloading issue you mentioned. I don’t know if there will be any other related issues that may arise as a result though.

dont think that would work as soon as sonar starts it seems to start processing a bunch of scripts like scan for new episodes and get the newsfeed look for missing things I can’t see any way to stop that and still leave sonar running. this has happened many times to me and sonar creates a lots of duplicates fast. I have to run a duplite file scan on all 10 drives which takes hours unfortunally i also rename everything and remove fluff so even if a file is the same it may not show as a dupe.

i think mergerfs will try to keep a complete series together on the same drive. the problem is if the series is on drive vol1 and the drive i repaired is vol9 when i mount that in the system then i end up with the same series on both volumes and same episodes.
after 10 years of fighting with this now i terminate sonar and radar and sab on system reboot to keep the duplicates to a minimum.

one solution may be to have a button appear to stop the auto processes up to 1 minute before startup to give ups a chance to stop it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.