Help with permissions on reinstall

Version: 3.0.9.1549r
Mono Version: 6.8.0.105
AppData directory: /var/lib/sonarr
Startup directory: /usr/lib/sonarr/bin
Linux Mint 21 Vanessa

I’m using sonarr with sabnzbplus. Sonarr finds the file, sends the request to sabnzbdplus, and it downloads it. When sonar tries to upload the file to my Synology media server, I get this error in the logs:

LOG: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path “/media/tv/US-Drama/Ramy/Season 03/Ramy - S03E01 - Harry Potter.mkv” is denied

“tv” is a mounted folder from a Synology NAS

Obviously, it’s a permissions problem.

Let me give some background. I have a media server PC and a NAS for storage of TV shows. My media server is dying and runs an older version of Linux Mint that I can’t upgrade for various reasons. I’m building a new computer for my media server. I restored a backup of the old sonarr, so all settings are identical except IP.
The permissions on the NAS folder is myuser:root rwxrwx. the permission on the download location for SAB is myuser:myuser drwxrwx if this helps, the var/lib/sonar directory is root:myuser drwxrwxr_x

I’ve tried permission changes on everything I can think of except for the NAS which I cannot change (it was working with the old media server. the permissions for all media and directories on the NAS are scott:root and both are rwx

Any suggestions on what I can do? Obviously, this has become very frustrating. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
—>

You could try this?

During the installation, you will be asked which user and group Sonarr must run as. It’s important to choose these correctly to avoid permission issues with your media files. We suggest you keep at least the group name identical between your download client(s) and Sonarr.

If you need to correct these after installation, please run dpkg-reconfigure sonarr. See debconf for more information.

Thanks! I’ll give it a try.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.