Help with changing indexer from Rarbg

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

Hi
Please can someone assist I only used Rarbg as an indexer[I am shall we say not young, and find all this a bit confusing] sadly this is no longer possible.
What can I use instead and how/where do I find the API/URL to enter like this

Thank you for your help

Remove RARBG, install Jackett or Prowlarr (if you haven’t already), add suitable indexers in them, use the Torznab option in Sonarr et al. for each of those indexers.

Hi thanks for the reply I have no idea what I am doing. I will just let it go its too much for me
I have no idea what to put as a url/api path/api key its too complicated for me
Thanks for trying

If you’re using Jackett, just scroll down a little in the webUI, it’s explained there.

Hi.
I am in the same predicament.
I have Prowlarr installed.
‘Suitable indexers’ is very generic. Does not help at all.
Also, the Torznab option in Sonarr has only 3 presets which do not seem to work. Selecting custom goes back to the original question.

Given that I have no idea what you or the OP are wanting to download, beyond just TV shows, nor in what language, nor whether you have access to private trackers (though I’m guessing probably not), all I can say is ‘suitable indexers’.

Select the Custom option and provide the required information - Sonarr Settings | Servarr Wiki - for the most part it’s just the name, URL, API key, and changing categories to 5000 (and 5070 for anime if it’s available).

Looking for TV Shows in English
Using RARBG as an indexer does not require API key as you can see from te OP’s screenshot.
And therein lies the issue.
Also, there are tons of private indexers. Which one to choose?

You’re not using RARBG, you’re using the custom Torznab option, so no, there is no issue.

Unless you have an invite to a private tracker, none of them. Stick to English public trackers that have a TV category, e.g. 1337x, Demonoid, EZTV, GloDLS, ShowRSS, TorrentGalaxy (the latter being probably the closest replacement to RARBG).

Ok. Got it. Thank you for not giving up on me. Apologies for any inconvenience.

1 Like

Hi PierreScerri can you please post an image how you set this up when free so I can use it as a template.
Thank you

This is what I did:

1. Installed Prowlarr as per Prowlarr Installation | Servarr Wiki. I’m on Macos.

2. In your favourite browser, goto http://localhost:9696

3. Indexers - Add Indexer. Search for one or more of 1337x, Demonoid, EZTV, GloDLS, ShowRSS, TorrentGalaxy. I added EZTV, ShowRSS & TorrentGalaxy. Don’t know if I need all 3. Still trying it out.

4. Choose a base URL. I chose the first in the list. Click Test then Save. (q.v. first screenshot)

5. Go to Sonarr at http://localhost:8989/settings/indexers and they were there. (q.v. second screenshot)

6. That’s it.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I will try that later your help is appreciated.

Some of these give me errors about FlareSolverr. Is this recommended? It seems rather resource-heavy, afaict from the description it sits in the background and opens a new browser every time a site is accessed.

If the tracker you’re trying access uses Cloudflare’s DDoS protection, then FlareSolverr is the only way you’re bypassing it. It will do this on first access, save the cookie, and Jackett/Prowlarr will use said cookie for all future requests until it expires, at which point FlareSolverr will be used again to pull a new cookie.

Alternatively, choose different site links for your indexers, or different indexers altogether, which don’t use Cloudflare’s DDoS protection.

Hi @PierreScerri
I’ve followed your steps but when I looked back at the Sonarr settings, the indexers were not there.
Any idea what could be wrong?

I added the same indexers you suggested to the prowlerr and all tested successfully…

I’m very sorry, but I don’t know how to help you.

I simply listed what I did and what worked for me.

I have since removed 2 of the indexers. Using TorrentGalaxy only

Thank you very kindly for this step-by-step solution. I got it working by following along!

OK, thanks.

BTW, Maybe I skipped a step?
In the Prowlarr guid for mac, step 3: 1. Self-sign Prowlarr codesign --force --deep -s - /Applications/Prowlarr.app && xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine

@PierreScerri
Did you run this step, or it is not necessary?

Thanks again

It was in the guide. So, yes, I did run it.

OK, Thanks a lot :slight_smile: