Help for Newbie

Version 2.0.0.4977
Win10

Long time Plex user and have just come across Sonarr which looks brilliant so far.

Followed a couple of guides and have Sonarr kind of working. It finds series online no problem, it will add episodes to utorrent and start downloading fine. The downloads once completed are stored in the correct folder which is specified as a label in utorrent (I think).

Issue #1 Sonarr creates a new series folder in the Plex TV library however it doesn’t contain the date at the end in brackets. All my shows are labelled this way so Sonarr won’t detect existing episodes.
Issue #2 Once the download is finished in utorrent it goes to the correct torrents completed folder but doesn’t get transferred to the Plex TV library. Sonarr creates a series folder so permissions are ok but it doesn’t transfer. I followed the guide to stop utorrent seeding the file and Sonarr is running on the same server as Plex with admin privelages. Storage is on NAS.
Issue #3 When I restart Sonarr it loses control of utorrent. I have to go into it and test connection and then it works.

You need to import existing series instead of adding them as new series, at this point you can either update the path by editing the series or remove and re-add the series. Sonarr won’t automatically link the series when importing if the year is not part of the title on TheTVDB, this is due to how TVDB’s search works and something we will be addressing in the future.

Could be any number of reasoning, Sonarr’s Activity: Queue will give some idea why it’s not importing (hover over the icon on the left). As will ((debug logs)).

You’ll need to check the logs to see why it’s failing to connect, but it sounds like Sonarr failed to connect to uTorrent so it disabled it temporarily (Testing forces it to try again immediately).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.