Headphones

Anyone here use headphones for music? I ask because I’ve had it for a while now and it just seems awful for snatching anything. Everyone says it’s really good though, so I’m thinking I’m just using the wrong sites to find music. Anyone have good indexing sites for music to suggest or better programs for music?

I’ve used it off and on. However recently it’s pretty much become useless.

It was amazing when it first came out, but now I’m finding it has issues with extracting anything with long file address’. This happens when uploaders keep baring the damn files under huge long named folders and then name the files even longer names…

Haven’t touched it in a while, but I may try it again to see if they have fixed it.

irc channel on efnet

last time i got music from here, i dont know if you are familiar with getting nzbs from irc but its easy

A lot of the better known indexers ban headphones from their sites due to the hilariously shoddy coding.

@Diviance said:
A lot of the better known indexers ban headphones from their sites due to the hilariously shoddy coding.

Lol. Got any specifics? I would love some examples of hilariously shoddy coding .

It’s not really shoddy coding per se, he’s just doing things in a bad way. From my understanding he doesn’t cache anything, but rather makes an individual call for each search and doesn’t have any kind of throttling in place to prevent the indexers from getting hammered with hundreds or thousands of requests. There was also an issue early on with allowing a user customizable “how often to search” that people were setting to less than 15 minutes. This caused new searches to kick off before the old ones were even finished.

So when people mash the “Force Search” button it can send ridiculous amounts of requests to the indexer. Indexers got fed up with it and started banning the user-agent string.

Still no better place then Headphones. I use to use it but really not download. I see sonarr and radarr have made TV and moves good Hope there think about headphones too
There get another donation from me.