Had trouble with “What If…?”

Sonarr version (exact version):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:
My setup downloaded “What If…?” But didn’t move it out of completed, nor create a directory folder for it in the final destination. Any idea why?

I will post the log if requested, but it will just be a default log. It’s not something that’s easily repeatable so I can’t create a debug log really

What if… it could be anyone’s best guess without logs? :wink:
Seriously, the logs will likely tell you.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s related.

There seem to be two series with similar names:

What If…?
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/marvels-what-if
This has an alias of "Marvel’s What If…?

There’s also
What / If
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/what-if

I accidentally did a search for all the episodes of the Marvel show and Sonarr picked up all the episodes of what I presume was this 2019 series. I never actually looked at them because the age of the files indicated it was the wrong series.

I notice that the Sonarr titleslug for the Marvel show is “what-if”; can this be changed to pick up the alias of “marvels-what-if” to avoid confusing the two series?

I did notice there were a few series with that or very close title and in fact Plex named it wrong so I had to “fix match” but I’ll post logs and maybe someone will know!

But sonar grabbed the correct file, and it made it to my completed folder, but then was not moved out of completed into the proper directory

Logs Sir!

By happenstance i guess i left the engine running in debug mode previously!

https://zerobin.net/?3f68a7f581f09193#HtqvrZK62HduXO2JT1iCjgG4bW/pquhe2A/83BMpcXw=

Log is full of these: |Debug|CompletedDownloadService|Not all episodes have been imported for What.If.S01E01.What.If.Captain.Carter.Were.the.First.Avenger.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.H.265-FLUX

Is there more than one video file in that folder or something?
For some reason sonarr thinks it’s not done importing, doesn’t move the episode and delete the job in the client, after a while the client reports the job is done again, repeat…

1 Like

More than one identical file? No nothing to do with that particular item. There were a few abandon folders in my complete directories which sabnzbd does sometimes

I can’t help but wonder if it’s something to do with the title which is strange. But also, we could wait and see what happens next weekend with the next episode!

Can’t reproduce, I have no clue, sorry.

I grabbed the exact 1080p release from your logs and the import was succesful after downloading.
Same for the 2160p one.

1 Like

You’re awesome to test it!

I know the big guy has said before there can be a problem with services like Disney releasing ahead of metadata sources like the TVDB. Maybe that was what happened.

I had the same issue as you Atari, file would sit in complete folder and never be imported. I was able to fix the problem by clearing the file from the activity list in sonarr and then deleting the series. I added the series back from scratch and when it downloaded this time it imported the file no problem.

1 Like

That might track with my observations, maybe something on thetvdb’s end. I only added the show and tried to download at the time of my previous post, so I probably got the corrected series/data immediately?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.