Getting older seasons

Hi there.

I’m running the latest version of Sonarr, 2.0.0.4949 on freenas.

What is the intended way of getting older seasons of a show? Should you just toggle the monitored button for that season and then Sonarr will search for the show or should you manually search for missing episodes of the Season after toggling the monitored status?

Either way I only seem to be getting the episodes of a missing older season which is monitored if I manually push search for missing episodes. I was expecting Sonarr to eventually search for missing monitored seasons but is it not designed to do so?

Regards.

Sonarr isn’t designed to actively search for anything, old or new, under normal operations (exceptions are mentioned in the first FAQ link below).

Whatever passes by on your indexer(s) RSS feed and matches a wanted episode in the right quality, correct restricted words, size, etc will be grabbed.

Old things may be reposted and appear again on the RSS feed and subsequently grabbed by sonarr, but when that will be is anyone’s guess.

This is covered in the FAQ, albeit spread out a bit, how does sonarr find episodes and somewhat related why doesn’t sonarr automatically search for missing episodes.

TL;DR: if you want old stuff now, then yes, perform a manual search.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.