Futurama issues with new season incoming 2023

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.10.1567
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.12.0.182

Description of issue:
I know there’s been a ton of issues in pretty much every media management app in regard to Futurama and its messed up airing vs intended viewing order. Since the show had been off the air for so long, I had eventually configured Plex to correctly display the episodes in DVD order. However, now that I’ll be looking to pick up new episodes, I added the show to Sonarr, but that uses aired order, and therefore thinks that I already have all the episodes of the new season.

I’d prefer to not go back to aired order just to have Sonarr auto-grab the new episodes. Is this something that anime order could solve? I would normally just start experimenting with this, but have already generated tons of metadata/thumbails in Plex and don’t want to start renaming things to the absolute order if it won’t have a reasonable chance of working out (or would have other, unintended consequences of switching to anime format). The ordering I’d use would essentially be like what is noted in this reddit post: Reddit - Dive into anything

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.