Folder is not writable by user abc

A duplicate from this request

This issue has been written about a million times but there’s a noticeable difference from this one between the others.

Notes:

• I am using this Docker container.
  • I have correctly setup PUID and PGID.
  • The same exact settings have been configured for Radarr (also Docker). Same PUID and PGID too.

Despite all this, Sonarr reports that there’s a write error for the user. I can confirm it’s writing because Google Drive (using Rclone) has the write test file.

50206718-943eb680-036c-11e9-899c-73008889a2a3

I figured it out and want to report here to help anyone else that may find this thread. The issue was with my rclone mount configuration. There seems to be a difference between how Radarr considers the directory appropriate and how Sonarr does. The write check may not be happening on Radarr(?). I don’t know. Either way, adding the below helped with this.

rclone mount -v --allow-other --vfs-cache-mode full --dir-cache-time 48h --vfs-cache-max-age 48h --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 512M --buffer-size 512M gdrive: ~/mnt/gdrive

Thanks @markus101 for pointing out that the file was not being deleted which lead to look into rclone some more.

Hope that helps someone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.