Firewall Protocols

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5322
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):5.20.1.19
Debug logs:Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/VIDEO FILENAME HERE
Description of issue: My Transmission server is hosted off-site and protected by a firewall. THe API calls are working fine to add the files, but they’re not transferring.

My Sonarr/Plex server is a single machine in the house. The firewall for the download server is only accessible via port22 which requires a username/password in order to transfer files. The error I’m getting is obviously from Sonarr not having that access.

I don’t mind opening up another port etc, but don’t know what to open up and don’t know if I need to change the location to something like ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/

What is the traditional protocol for Sonarr to use when moving files across a network? I couldn’t find it in the documentation.

Should the protocol be added to the URL base?

I used Resilio Sync to move the files over. I don’t think the software is designed to work the way I want it to, but I’ve got a work around and I’m grateful for the teams that helped make it possible.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.